We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle

Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
77 reviews
early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle

We arrive at Charles de gaulle airport in Paris at 7.40am after a 23hr flight from Australia but can't check into our apartment until 5pm in the Saint Antoine area (near Le Marais). Can anyone suggest somewhere we might go to freshen up and be able to leave our luggage so we can explore the city. thank you

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,901 Reviews
from US$39.50*
US$43.90
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,295 Reviews
from US$109.70*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,687 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle

I don't know of anywhere to freshen up, but you could take the RER train from CDG to Gare du Nord and store your luggage there.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
57 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle

Some hotels and apartments have a place to drop off and store luggage prior to checking in. Check with the apartment to verify. They may have a place to freshen up as well.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,553 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle

One of the many disadvantages of renting apartments is that you are typically on your own until the designated checkin time.

You can either leave you luggage with one of the services specializing in consignment, Nanny Bags for example, or hire a day room at one of the airport hotels, such as the Ibis, where you can shower and change clothes.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,238 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle

I haven't used this service but I think there is a shower facility at Gare du Nord next to the rest rooms. You pay to use restrooms at train stations and I believe there is the clean up option as well which costs more. You can check bags at Gare du Nord.

Reply to: early arrival Paris Charles de Gaulle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted