We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to Visit in Burgundy

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Places to Visit in Burgundy

My fiance and I are going to Burgundy for part of our honey moon. Does anyone have recommendations for places to stay or visit? We are hoping for some of the French charm and somewhat of a unique experience but also enjoy wine and food.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
675 Reviews
from US$75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
731 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from US$104.00*
4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to Visit in Burgundy

Puligny Montrachet is perfect village to visit for any lover of fine white burgundy.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to Visit in Burgundy

Burgundy is a large region with lots of lovely places. Dijon ( city ) and Beaune ( smaller ) are always suggested but you could stay somewhere smaller. Will you have a car ? If you want to get out into the countryside, you will need a car.

In the area to the north you have Auxerre, Vezelay, Noyers, Semur en Auxois , Flavigny to name a few. There are abbeys such as Fontenay, . Pontigny. Around Beaune you have the wine region of Cote d"or with villages such as Niuts st Georges. Puligny. We really like the Maconnais region with lovely villages such as Chapaize, Brancion, St Gengoux le National, Cluny ( abbey ) Cormatin ( chateau ). Autun has some roman ruins . We have stayed in several different parts of Burgundy and enjoyed them all.

There are some different wine regions within Burgundy. You have Chablis to the north, the Cote d"or around Beaune, the area around Givry, the Maconnais region and to the south you are close to the Beaujolais region.

Good food is available everywhere.

In 2014 we stayed in two different parts , not very touristy parts I will say, but scroll through to the end of my report to the Saone et Loire and the Yonne region to see some things you could see .

https:/…

In 2016 we stayed in the Charolais region which again is not so touristy but is lovely country , beautiful churches .

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g18…

As I said , these are not as well known but you will get and idea of how nice it is. It also depends on how much time you have and what you want to do. For example, we enjoy wine but never do wine tastings , while others enjoy that.

Bon voyage.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to Visit in Burgundy

Thank you so much for the wonderful information! I will definitely start looking into this!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
9,269 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Places to Visit in Burgundy

I strongly recommend getting a copy of the Michelin Green Guide to Burgundy, which has much good and helpful information--sightseeing, where to stay, travel routes. Burgundy is perhaps larger than you might imagine and you can have a wonderful time visiting the various towns, villages, and wineries. The town of Beaune is very wine-centric, with several good merchants--as well as the must-see Hospice.

Reply to: Best Places to Visit in Burgundy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted