We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Metro

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Paris Metro

What would be the best way to travel from Gare du Nord to 51 bd Saint German at 1547 on a Wednesday? Being first timers in Paris with luggage will the Metro be crowded or should we take a taxi and if so how much Euro would it cost? My understanding is that I can get a Metro ticket while I am on the Eurostar but how confusing is it to find the appropriate platform that will take us to the closest stop to our address. Advice much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Gare du Nord
Gare du Nord
2,171 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
94,558 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Metro

I think that what is sold on the Eurostar is a carnet set of 10 metro/bus tickets, at a cost about 50% above the price if you buy at a Metro station.

At Gare du Nord, follow the signs for the RER/Metro station and, if necessary, buy a ticket for €1.90 from a machine that will work in English. Look for signs for RER Line B in the direction of Robinson, Massy and St-Remy-les-Chevreuse. Take this train for 2 stops to St-Michel Notre-Dame and walk from there.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel At Gare du Nord
Hotel At Gare du Nord
608 Reviews
Paris, France
Le Robinson
Le Robinson
349 Reviews
Saint-Jean-de-Monts, France
Massy
Massy
Essonne, France
Chevreuse
Chevreuse
Yvelines, France
Hotel Saint-Michel
Hotel Saint-Michel
346 Reviews
Dinard, France
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Metro

If you have luggage it may be better to take a taxi. Use only an official taxi from the official line which is to the right as you exit the Eurostar platform. Ignore anyone who approached you offering taxis as they will be scammers. The fare should be around €15. There have been a few reports of taxi drivers setting their meters at the airport rate from Gare du Nord. In the very unlikely event of that happening photograph the identity of the taxi (displayed in the cab), refuse to pay and tell the driver you will make an official complaint.

Mentioned in this post
Gare du Nord
Gare du Nord
2,171 Reviews
Paris, France
Reply to: Paris Metro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;