We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Paris - A day and a half with a 5 & 8 year old

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
First time in Paris - A day and a half with a 5 & 8 year old

I'll be coming from Montrevain to Paris in August with an 8 year old girl and 5 year old boy. Departure time is 11am. I have that day and all of the next day to explore. I'm staying in the 9th arrondisement. On the first day I'd love to have lunch at a typical Paris cafe and people watch on th cafe side walk 😊 then go to either the Eiffel Tower or a river Seine cruise in the evening. The plan for the next day is to do the big bus hop on hop off tour Red route where we plan to hop off at the Louvre (to see the Venus De Milo and Mona Lisa only), the Notre Dame cathedral and the Pont Des arts. (Any point seeing the Arch De Triumph with kids? )In the evening (possibly after going back to the hotel for lunch at the end of the tour) the plan is to do either river seine cruise or the Eiffel Tower (whichever is not done on the first day). Are there any pitfalls in this itinerary you can identify? I hear the Eiffel Tower is lovely at night and queues are shorter then. Do I have time to go to Luxembourg park on the first day , after lunch and before the evening activity? If yes then will it be better to do the cruise after the park as the kids will most likely be too tired for the Eiffel Tower queues after running around in the park ? Finally, Ive read in another forum that there are no real ways to skip the Eiffel Tower queues. All I have to do is buy my tickets online and avoid the ticket queues, which I plan to do. I would love to see the summit and experience the first floor, especially for the kids . However most tours I've found online tend to go either directly to the summit or the second floor. Any tips here? Any advise and answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
120,750 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
300 Reviews
Paris, France
Milo
Milo
104 Reviews
Paris, France
Mona Lisa
Mona Lisa
346 Reviews
Bayonne, France
Notre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral
62,691 Reviews
Paris, France
1 reply
Orlando, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Paris - A day and a half with a 5 & 8 year old

I'm told Eiffel Tower tickets sales for my 2 nights in Paris will commence in a couple of days. I need to decide which night to go . Help please!

Mentioned in this post
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
120,750 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Reply to: First time in Paris - A day and a half with a 5 & 8 year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;