We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
335 reviews
Save Topic
Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.

I understand that I can get a local bus from Colmar to Eguisheim. Am I correct in saying that this is either bus 440 or the 208 or both?

I see that this bus leaves from the train station in Colmar to Eguisheim. There seems to be one at 8 a.m., one at 12.20 and one at 17.15.

I cannot find out if there are buses returning to Colmar.

If we decide to get a taxi from Colmar to Eguisheim I am concerned about getting back to Colmar. Is there a taxi service from Eguisheim to Colmar?

4 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,823 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.

You have to telephone for taxis in rural France - and they are almost as scarce as buses.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.

No point in taking a train to Eguisheim ... no station! Consider renting a bike from Vélodocteurs next to the station or taking phone numbers of taxi cabs from the list on the door of the information office in the central hall of Colmar railway station ... perhaps get the firm who takes you there to arrange to pick you up?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.

Hi,

I am interested in how to visit rural area next to Colmar too. I will travel there in August. Just in case you will be back by August can you share about what means of transport did you use when visiting Eguisheim?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.

Sorry. We never got there in the end. Maybe another trip.

Reply to: Colmar to Eguisheim by Bus or Taxi.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Colmar