We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe next May. Neither of us have been the Europe before. We've been looking into the Trafalgar European Discoverer Tour and the Cosmos European Masterpiece Tour. Has anyone done these tours or would recommend one tour over the other? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
The Europe Hotel & Resort
The Europe Hotel & Resort
2,839 Reviews
Fossa, Ireland
Hingham, MA
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

Both are good companies but Cosmos is definitely tourist class in terms of hotels and meals, while Trafalgar is moderate first class. You might want to look at Cosmos parent company, Globus Tours, also first class. The differnce is often location of hotels, ie. central city vs outside of town. A consideration on the evenings when dinner is not included in your tour and you want to stroll and look for restaurants. I am a travel agent with no ties to any company, but rely on feedback from clients. No complaints ever about Globus or Trafalgar.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

Thanks so much for your reply, it has been very helpful. We were leaning towards Trafalgar but will now have a look at Globus as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

I have done a cosmos tour and it was great, originally I had booked a trafalgar cost saver tour but it was cancelled six weeks out. Trafalgar cost saver and cosmos are very similar both in price and hotel location/ standard. Globus and trafalgar first class are also very similar. Just remember not to get trafalgar and trafalgar cost saver confused. Also one more consideration, historically trafalgar cancel more tours at the 6 week mark than cosmos/globus, always have a back up plan

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

We have just done (July 2010) a GLOBUS Tour of southern 'Spectacular Spain ' and cannot speak highly enough of it.

Having previously done a Trafalgar tour we found Globus to be a superior product. The hotels were excellent 4 star centrally located which makes for easy independent exploring in free time.

The tour was well paced without rushing and included the major highlights of each city. The breakfasts were excellent and our only criticism would be that the welcome dinner in Madrid was quite ordinary however, the dinners in other places were very good.

We would definitely recommend Globus Tours to anyone considering coach touring in Europe.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Hotel Globus
Hotel Globus
1,409 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Europe
Europe
World
Calgary, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

We went on Trafalgar cost saver tour this summer and it was the worst trip we have ever been on. I would not recommend Trafalgar. If you do go with them, ensure you have insurance as my husband fell on one of their recommended excursions and since we never purchased our insurance throught them (as we already had coverage), they said they could do nothing for us. He was left behind in a hospital in Switzerland for a week. We heard they tried to call him, but he never heard from them.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Trafalgar v Cosmos Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 12:16