We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz Rental in St.Pierre Des Corps

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz Rental in St.Pierre Des Corps

I booked a ticket on the zero connection service to Tours, and made a car reservation with Hertz at the St. Pierre Des Corps station. I have two questions:

1. Will I have any issues exiting the train in St. Pierre Des Corps instead of waiting for the final destination on my ticket (downtown Tours)?

2. Has anyone actually rented from Hertz in St. Pierre Des Corps, I can't find them using Google street view...I can only see Avis.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,858 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz Rental in St.Pierre Des Corps

1. If the train stops in St Pierre des Corps, you can exit there. Are you sure your chosen train will stop there? Tours Centre and St Pierre des Corps train stations are about 1 mile apart.

2. I do not use nor recommend Hertz as they are one of the few companies which charges one way fees for pickup and drop off in France. However, their office is at the St Pierre des Corps train station.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz Rental in St.Pierre Des Corps

-I'm pretty sure it stops in St. Pierre des Corps first. It's the TGV Atlantic #8333, from Paris to Tours on August 31. It arrives Tours at 2:49pm with no connections, but on another schedule option immediately below it, TGV Atlantic #8333 from Paris to Tours stops in St. Pierre des Corps at 2:41pm and a connecting train to Tours departs at 3:13pm.

-This will be a round-trip rental, but you're absolutely right, the one-way rentals were twice the price. It is a Ford Focus 4dr or similar...comes with unlimited miles, manual (which I can drive), a/c, and I have my Garmin with full 2012 Europe NT maps. I got a pretty good rate using my AAA discount through the Hertz website and by prepaying. Total came to $180.67 for three days.

Mentioned in this post
TGV
TGV
1,328 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Europe
Europe
World
Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hertz Rental in St.Pierre Des Corps

All TGVs with a final destination of Tours first stop at St Pierre des Corps before continuing the last couple of kilometres into the terminus station of Tours. The Hertz rental agency is just outside the entrance to St Pierre des Corps station. You made the right decision to pick up the car at St Pierre des Corps rather than the centre of Tours, as driving to /from St Pierre des Corps is easier than driving into the centre of Tours.

4. Re: Hertz Rental in St.Pierre Des Corps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 13:17