We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

Rochester
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

I am a solo traveler with three nights in Tours in the beginning of September. I plan on doing a couple of the mini bus tours as I will not be renting a car. I checked out the five tour companies schedules and tried to book two tours. The companies all want reservations but the minimum number of people required for a tour is two. I received a reply back that they would keep my request on file if someone else booked.

Has anyone had success booking for one? If so, which tour company? Have you walked in the tourist office in the morning and were able to book a tour?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

I would ask for help from the Office de Tourisme as they can book any of these tours for you and to my knowledge, the tours all depart from their offices near the train station.

www.ligeris.com/

I love Tours but be sure you are staying in or very near the old part of town between Tours Centre (the train station) and Place Plumereau. This is the area closer to the Loire River (not the Cher River). Other parts of Tour are newer and lack charm and would not be suitable for someone traveling without a car.

Edited: 04 August 2012, 20:50
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

What dates will you be in Tours from as I will be there from the 3rd to the 7th and would like to go on a tour or two with my wife maybe we could book for 3.

Rochester
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

Thanks for the offer but I don't know if you want to take the same tours.

I'm looking at the Acco-Dispo all day tour for Wednesday, September 4th and the morning tour for the 5th. They will notify me if someone else books and I can join in. If not, I'll just go to the tourist office and take my chances.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

IRHS, I don't think that you should wait to contact the Tours Tourist Office. There is a Contact Us field at the bottom of the site that Sarastro provided.

MrsJAS

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

IRHS no hassle they are the same dates that I will be in Tours and have only started to look at trips love the idea of going up in a balloon as I tend to take lots of photos but I will have a look at Acco-Dispo ones as well enjoy your trip.

Rochester
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

I have been able to book the tours I wanted through the tourist office. They are basically the same tours with Quart de Tours instead of Acco-Dispo.

I think my mistake was trying to book directly through Acco-Dispo instead of through the tourist office.

Thank you for your assistance.

delhi
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

hi, good work

8. Re: Booking mini bus chateau tours as a solo traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 14:16