We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

We will be in Tours for two nights and we will not have a car. The hotel Domaine de la Tortiniere is recommended for people who have a car but the hotel ownder told us that we can take a bus or a taxi.

Does anyone know what time these services are available till??

Thank you very much for your assistance!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

I can't help with the bus/taxi issue, but the hotel is very nice, with a long sweep of grass running down to the river in the back.

Perhaps the hotel could also let you know the hours for a bus or taxi service.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

The Domaine de la Tortiniere is some way out of Tours, between Monts and Veignée. I have been there for dinner several times, and do like it. However, I have always driven there. Looking at the Touraine Fil Vert bus schedule, there appears to be three bus routes that pass along the D910 main road, which runs a few hundred metres from the Domaine, but the last bus is before 19:00. A taxi is your only choice if you want to go there for dinner. I have no idea what a taxi from Tours would cost, but I imagine it will not be cheap. If you want "fine dining" in Tours and don't have a car, have a look at Le Rive Gauche.....http://www.tours-rivegauche.com/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

Thank you so much for the reply. I've already made the reservation to stay there and realized that we will arrive on Sunday and it seems car rental offices are not open or open only for a short period of time on Sundays....

Thank you for the restaurant recommendation too! We would look into it for sure! :)

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

Ask the hotel to book a taxi for you. They will do that, and the taxi lady will be there with a sign with your name on it (at least, it's been a lady the times we have lined up the service for people).

Then ask the hotel for advice about tours, etc.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

That sounds great too! I will contact the hotel :) Thank you so much!!

6. Re: City of Tours to Domaine de la Tortiniere.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 00:15