We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Wine in Tours

NIRELAND
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Price of Wine in Tours

Just wondering the average price of a glass/bottle of wine and a pint of beer in Tours in local cafes and mid price restaurants.

Many thanks

Orbigny, France
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Wine in Tours

How long is a piece of string! My son who lives in Tours reckons he can get 500ml of beer for 2.50 which is cheap, you could easily pay upto 6 euros plus depending what you're drinking, where you're drinkingand the time of day.

House wine in most restaurants is generally perfectly drinkable, particularly compared to house stuff in Eire or the UK, you could pay upto 10 euro for a half litre pichet. After that anything up to 30 euro unless you want to get flash.

Sainte

Lord Lucan

hiding at www.frugalgourmet.eu

Tours, France
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Wine in Tours

Don't drink beer, but would pay about 5€ for a pint of imported UK/Irish cider (don't really care for the French stuff), I think something like Guinness is a comparable price, don't know otherwise.

Wine varies a lot, obviously. As low as around 2.50 or less for a glass and going maybe up to 4 or thereabouts for your average wine. The creperie I went to on the weekend had a bottle of house wine for 10€, but I did think that was cheap. Be warned, the glasses may be teeny-tiny, I would always cast an eye at how much a 250ml or 500ml pichet is going for if you think you might want more than a thimbleful.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Wine in Tours

My bill from the restaurant lE Turon on Rue Colbert where you will find an Irish Pub lots of them in Tours.

San Pellegrino €4.50

Carafe of Sancere €18.00

Grd cafe lait €4.00

fish dinner €20.00

chicken dinner €17.00

bread and nibbels €2.50

tva 7% €4.32

total €66.00

You can get cheaper food and drink so average about €50.00 and if you want to visit a few chateaus go to the bus terminest opposite train station you can visit several for about €4 return on the bus. You can also visit the supermarkets for cheap wine and spirits for your room or picnics along the rivers.

4. Re: Price of Wine in Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 17:15