We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Headed to Paris today, exhausted from walking all over London! Considering a ho ho bus to get in all the sights without being underground the whole time. Is there more than one name, which is the best/most reasonable?

Any further news on the Eiffel tower? I was thinking if we went late, like 9 it might be ok then. Had enough stairs already! ;)

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Ditto Beth..just reached Paris from London and considering the same options!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

The HOHO company with the most extensive routes is l'Opentour.

Nothing has changed with the Eiffel -- someone did post recently that lines were 'less bad' if you go late/later in the evening, or else you should get there 30-45 minutes before the ticket windows open.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

I would urge you to read the reviews on Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

both of the hoho bus tours get some pretty bad reviews, and apparently they're especially bad when it's nice out.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,572 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

the ho hos are fun if weather is nice, Yes, sometimes you have to wait between buses, but like 20 minutes has been my experience, in middle of summer, not that bad.

I used the L"Open Tour twice, for what they are ,, they are fine. The metro and city buses are faster, but when one uses a hoho its not for speed, but convenience. You don't really have to think much, the routes take you to all major sites, you don't have to figure out anything. And you do get to see the neihborhoods as you go through them.

But, if you want fast transport from place to place, then no, they are not for you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

There's another bus that provides a 90 minute tour with no HOHO option: Foxity. It leaves from near the Madelaine church.

Also, if you're tired of walking there is a little tourist train that goes through Montmartre. There seems to be one that leaves from Place Blanche and one from near the Pigalle metro stop.

Perhaps the concierage or someone at your hotel can help.

The regular public bus #69 is supposed to go near a lot of the popular tourist sites.

And there are boat rides on the Seine which will keep you off your feet.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,572 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Ugh ,, I found the Batobus had longer waits in summer then the buses, plus, sometimes boats were full and we didn't make the first one! Perhaps in slower seasons its not like that , but I would never bother with that option again, plus of course your transport is limited to just sites up and down the river.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Angelic, you are here now? We should meet up! Haha. Have a great time!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

I wasn't referring to the Batobus but to a cruise along the Seine.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,572 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Yes agree boat cruises are worth it,, I especially like the ones at dusk when they start to light up the bridges!

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ho Ho bus and eiffel tower

Angelic, you are here now? We should meet up! Haha. Have a great time!