We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Havre to Dday Circuit Bus 44

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Havre to Dday Circuit Bus 44

We will be in Le Havre in July to specifically visit the Dday sights. I understand the Circuit Bus 44 takes you by all the sights. I understand you catch the bus in Bayeux..correct? How do we reach Bayeux to use this bus service?

Any information is very much appreciated!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Havre to Dday Circuit Bus 44

I'd suggest that you take a guided tour and if possible, spend the night in Bayeux so you can take a full day tour. I really haven't heard of travelers visiting the sites on public transportation, but perhaps you will hear otherwise.

Here are posts with links to some of guide companies that operate out of Bayeux and why I think taking a guided tour is the best way to visit the sites:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187179-i607-k4629…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187179-i607-k4940…

You might also want to check the posts on the "Things to Do" and "Frequently Asked Questions" links on either side of the Normandy and Bayeux pages.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,526 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Havre to Dday Circuit Bus 44

Are you arriving in Le Havre from a Cruise for the day?? If so look on the Le Havre forum - and seriously suggest you spend the money and take the Cruise's own excursion to the Landing Beaches for the day.

Are you arriving in Le Havre on a Ferry from the UK for a day?? If so, again look on the Le Havre forum - but you may fare better taking a ferry to Caen (Ouistreham). Which is right in the D-Day zone whereas from Le Havre you have a bit of a trek.

Are you arriving in Le Havre on the train from Paris for the day?? If so, you would fare much better taking the train direct to Bayeux or Caen as they are both much nearer to the D-Day Zone than Le Havre is.

Anyway, the bus info website (in French only) is here:

http://www.busverts.fr/

If you really MUST do this and have no option, then bus 20 goes from Le Havre to Caen, then bus 30 from Caen to Bayeux, but this is going to take you HOURS!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187190-i2808-Le…

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Havre to Dday Circuit Bus 44

As EssexWanderer says , you can't do a visit from Le Havre by public transport. I assume you are on cruise. You have the option of the cruise excursion or a driver guide.

4. Re: Le Havre to Dday Circuit Bus 44

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2013, 18:18