We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything else I should do?

Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Anything else I should do?

Hi.

I'm taking my children for 10 days in France and we are unlikely to return as trying to go to different countries before they leave home.

Staying outside of Caen. We are going to take the train to Paris and spend a night there (doing Eiffel and Louve and a Big Bus tour and cruise.

We are going to visit the war museum in Caen and would also like to take them to a cemetary. Is there anything else that I should do.

Many thanks

8 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Anything else I should do?

Rouen is about 1h30 by train from Caen and has beautiful architecture and a famous Gothic Cathedral.

You could also go to Mont-Saint-Michel. Caen has direct trains to Pontorson which is the closest train station to it (for shuttle bus see here bienvenueaumontsaintmichel.com/en/preparing-… )

Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Anything else I should do?

That's great thank you. I will have my car but prefer to travel by public transport as I can then look at the views. I will certainly add one of those places in. thanks

Edited: 02 July 2018, 20:36
Evreux, France
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
3. Re: Anything else I should do?

The castle in Caen is great for a wander and picnic. Bayeux

…normandie-tourisme.fr/normandy-tourism-1-2.…

is a short train ride away with amazing cathedral and the Bayeux Tapestry. Otherwise head to the seaside? Trouville and Deauville by bus

…normandie-tourisme.fr/discover/normandy-mus…

or hire a bike and cycle up the tow path to the beach in Ouistreham.

Bon voyage!

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Anything else I should do?

The cliffs of Etretat, although you would have to drive.

https:/…

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,580 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Anything else I should do?

Honfleur, Bayeux...

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Anything else I should do?

Arromanches.

…normandie-tourisme.fr/arromanches-564-2.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
172 reviews
7. Re: Anything else I should do?

As to visiting a cemetery, I infer from your profile that you are from the UK so you may find the British Cemetery in Bayeux of particular interest. I am American and I was very moved by it, in part because every tombstone bears a personalized inscription, unlike the American cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer (but which is extraordinarily moving in its own way).

Montreal
Destination Expert
for France
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: Anything else I should do?

Another vote for Bayeux. Lovely small town. The tapestry really is a must see. Especially since it's so close to Caen.

Reply to: Anything else I should do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted