We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
76 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

The transfers from Gare St Lazare to Gare du Nord to CDG just sound too complcated and time-consuming on my last day in France. How much would a taxi from St Lazare to CDG cost, anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Around €50, depending on traffic.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
76 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Dear Nick, considering your two posts on my dilemma, I think taking a train from Rouen to St Lazare and then a taxi to CDG would be easier than starting at 6 am to go to Lille. Thank you very much for this helpful information. Are all trains throughout Europe on this "Southwest Airlines" model, where you have 8 different fares and the good ones always sell out first? Is there no such thing any longer as traveling spontaneously by train at the last minute? This is very sad to me. I don't want to have to plan every detail 3 months in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

In France, all the fast trains have prices that start low and go up as each price bucket sells out. The slower trains have fixed prices.

Although Rouen-CDG involved TGV travel, and therefore should have been booked early, the trains from Rouen to Paris do not have discounts for advance purchase, and there is absolutely no point in buying tickets for these trains in advance. Buy them in Rouen.

In many other countries, fares are the same no matter when you buy. If you really want the detail, see www.seat61.com

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
76 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Hello and thank you again. I wrote to the Rouen tourisme office, and they sent me a message saying I should take a train frmo Rouen to St Lazare, and then the RER B to CDG. This implies I would not have to get over to Gare de Lyon, as others have suggested. So I am still confused.

Julie

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Trains from Rouen arrive at Gare St Lazare in Paris. There are no direct trains from St Lazare to CDG. You would have to take RER Line E one stop to Magenta station. This station is connected to Gare du Nord, from where you take RER Line B to CDG.

So, despite what the Rouen tourist office says, you still have to get from Gare St Lazare to Gare du Nord.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
76 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Dear Nick, Can it be that the Rouen tourist office really does not know this information? It's rather shocking. Thanks for all your advice. I think we will just get a taxi from St Lazare. All the other transferring, I'm afraid, would be a very stressful end to our Paris/London/Rouen vacation.

Julie

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

The transfer from St. Lazare to CDG is really not that complicated. We did it in reverse, but I've turned around our experience and here's how I would do it:

1) Take the RER E from St. Lazarre to Gare du Nord and the RER B to CDG; or

2) Take Metro line 14 from St. Lazarre to Chatelet and the RER B to CDG.

There are elevators or escalators along the way and signs direct you to where you need to go. IMO, it's doable. We did it with may too much luggage than most travelers should carry and we're empty nesters. Save your 50 Euros.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
76 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

Dear Troggs,

I will consider it! Thank you. It will depend on how much time we feel we have, and if we feel at all rushed, we might just have to get in a cab. But I appreciate very much the advice, and I generally love taking public transit, especially in Paris, but with luggage and feeling stressed, I will just have to see. Thanks to all on this topic!

Julie

9. Re: Taxi from Gare St Lazare to CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2013, 18:22
Get answers to your questions about Rouen