We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machines on Isle of Nantes

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
223 reviews
407 helpful votes
Machines on Isle of Nantes
Save

I’m visiting at the end of October. Does anybody know if I have to book a time slot for a ride on the elephant or can I just turn up on the day?

1 reply
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36,569 posts
106 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Machines on Isle of Nantes
Save

Absolutely book ahead; you would not want to go all that way and find it was booked. Probably you can book on the day -- but why take the risk. Note on the web site which days the carousel is functioning for rides -- you don't want to miss that and except in high summer it only runs limited times. We went with our granddaughter in April and at that time was only open on Wednesday and Saturday. the snapshots are from an earlier trip my husband and I took -- when my granddaughter saw them she insisted we had to go and so she and I did a day trip from Paris this year.

https://janettravels.wordpress.com/2019/09/13/les-machines-de-lile-nantes/

This is a really cool place -- and actually watching the elephant from the ground is better than riding it -- but you will want to ride it as well.

Edited: 26 September 2022, 23:54
Reply to: Machines on Isle of Nantes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nantes
Recent Conversations
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.