We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Meter Theft in St Remy

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Meter Theft in St Remy

Just a note to forewarn travelers about crime in St Remy. Yes, in this beautiful small village, it thrives. My husband was feeding the parking meter in St Remy, and some very helpful thief was waiting to use the parking meter behind him. He hustled my husband with 'no, no, no, you do it this way' and then said that the parking meter must have 'eaten' our credit card. By the time we figured out that no, the parking meter did not eat the cc, the thief stole it. $1,000 later.

When we filed police report, they said it was a huge problem in St Remy! Very sad, what a beautiful town. Thieves apparently have no shame.

Restaurant de Tourrel
$$$$, French, European, Mediterranean
A la Table de Nicolas
$$ - $$$, French, Mediterranean, European
4 replies to this topic
Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
532 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Meter Theft in St Remy

And this is one reason to draw money out of an ATM and pay your parking with cash.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Meter Theft in St Remy

St Remy is a magnet for tourists, that's why there may be more crime there preying on tourists. You should be more careful when flashing money and credit cards and around machines where you are doing that when there are strangers right next to you.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Meter Theft in St Remy

As far as I know (I never pay for the parking) you cannot pay a parking meter with cash. Thieves would rob every single one of them.

Vaison-la-Romaine...
Level Contributor
253 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Meter Theft in St Remy

If they have not changed it I always paid the meters at the parking in front of the tourist office in St.Remy with cash.

Reply to: Parking Meter Theft in St Remy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;