We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to Taize from Lyon airport? Help!

Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get to Taize from Lyon airport? Help!

Hey!

I August I am planing on traveling to Taizé for a week. I have found out that the airport nearest to Taizé is Lyon airport. I know that it is possible to take a train from the airport og from Lyon train station to Mâcon-Loché TGV and from there is should be possible to take a bus to Taizé community. BUT my question is now: Where do i find the tickets and the train/bus schedules? I have looked at www.voyages-sncf.com but the tickets and route description i can find there is quiet weird..

I am traveling alone and it its therefore REALLY important to me that i know how to find my way around when I arrive in France! Can anyone help me with advise about the route or tickets to Taizé? I will have to book my tickets soon and I will be great full for all the help that i can receive!

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
France
France
Europe
Washington state
Level Contributor
746 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get to Taize from Lyon airport? Help!

Have you reviewed all of this info?

https://www.taize.fr/en_article163.html

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get to Taize from Lyon airport? Help!

There are no trains to Macon from the airport. First you have to take a RhonExpress tram from the airport to Part-Dieu train station. From there local TER trains depart to Macon hourly at 16 pass the hour. As these are local trains the price doesn't change so you can just buy your ticket on spot. Use either automatic booth or ticket office. Timetable for the bus to Taizé from Macon can be found in the link provided in the previous post.

Mentioned in this post
Macon
Macon
Saone-et-Loire, France
Rhonexpress
Rhonexpress
149 Reviews
Lyon, France
3. Re: How do I get to Taize from Lyon airport? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2018, 13:17