We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.

Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.

Hello!

I am traveling to Taizé this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out how to get there from Lyon airport. I am planing to take the train from Lyon Part Dieu to Mâcon Loché since I have been told that this i possible.

My problem is now that I can't find any informations about the trains that runs between Lyon and Mâcon. I have found some ticket on en.voyages-sncf.com but according to this website the trains only runs twice a day (at 12:08 and 18:04). Since I am arriving in Lyon at 11:30 Saturday I find it to risky to buy tickets for the 12:08 train but if i take the 18:04 train i will arrive very late in Taizé. Isn't is possible to take any other trains from Lyon to Mâcon that the to trains mentioned above? And if it is possible then where do i find informations about the train?

Please help me I am very confused!

- Louise

4 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.

Use the French version of voyages-sncf.com and you'll see there are more trains available than shown on the English version. The TER trains have a fixed price of €13.60 and they don't need to be booked in advance so you can buy those tickets at the train station. There is a TGV at 12h08 and if you buy that ticket now the cost is €10.50. If you arrive at Part-Dieu at 11:30 and your 12:08 train departs from there that is more than enough time to make that connection. Otherwise there is a TER train at 13h16. You'll need to check to see if trains arrive at Mâcon Centre or Mâcon Ville.

I don't know how you'll get to Taizé from Mâcon as that is a rural community with very limited public transport. I don't have time to do the research but you can check the public transport options in that area at the following link:

www.saoneetloire71.fr/page-404/#.WYstbFFLfIU

Otherwise a taxi will be your only option. I don't know if there are always taxis outside the train station but if you google "taxi mâcon" you'll get results.

Grenoble, France
Level Contributor
639 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.

Read this page for information on how to get to Taizé:

https://www.taize.fr/en_article163.html

From Lyon Part-Dieu, you may have to get a train to Macon-Ville station if there isn't a convenient one to Macon-Loché. The latter is a TGV station and is served by a few high speed trains. Macon-Ville is served by slower TER trains, which you will probably find are more frequent.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.

The final destination of your TER train is Paris Bercy.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.

You already asked this question a month ago a got a detailed answer. Nothing changed since then.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18726…

Reply to: Public transportation from Lyon to Mâcon Loché.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lyon