We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyon in January

Macksville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lyon in January

How cold will it be? Big questions of what weather will be from day-to-day. Anyone been in January??? Can we get around or is it all indoor activities? We will be settling our daughter into a semester of Uni over there.

4 replies to this topic
Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lyon in January

Anything from around -15 to +15 is possible, although the most likely day temperatures will be within 0-10 degrees fork. Won't be a lot of sunshine, the sky is often greyish because of the fogs and 'low clouds', there are days when the sun is not able to dissipate them at all, but on most of days announced 'clear' the sun still comes after midday.

Macksville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lyon in January

Thank you so much for your reply!

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lyon in January

As you know weather is rather unpredictable ! But I’d like to add to Darth_Feanor comments that you’ll always be able to get around!

And when I look at my January 2018 pictures I see several nice sunny days. I feel that the worst for exploring a city is definitely not the cold, it is the rain, and January doesn’t have as much rain as March...

Macksville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lyon in January

Only-Lyon Thank you so much! I feel a bit better now! I imagined several layers and being SO cold we could get out and explore. I worry for my daughter to find accom for her Uni stay and how she’ll get to classes in the freezing weather. But you give me hope.

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Reply to: Lyon in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted