We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

When is it best to see the castles?. Morning or Afternoon? Also when booking, do they leave a reasonable amount of time between visiting both castles? We will be in Hohenschwangau early October for 2 nights but only one full day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

If you are staying there, I prefer the first English tour of the morning. You will be able to get a horse carriage up to the palace without waiting, and it's nicer before the tourist hordes descend on the village and palace. I would also make reservations ahead of time so you can simply walk in and pick up your tickets without waiting in line, although early in the morning they'll probably be no real lines.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

We were there in Dec, prebooked for the 1st English language tour of Hohenschwangua and the queues at the ticket office at 9am were already huge for those without bookings. However, it wasn't too bad and the crowds just got larger as the day went on.

Yes, they do allow plenty of time b/t the castles. We were booked at Hohenschwangua at 9.50am and Neuschwanstein at 11.30am, plenty of time to walk up to Neuschwanstein, relax with a hot chocolate and browse around the outside of the castle before our tour.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

Thankyou for all the information. As I have not been able to find any times for the tours on the castle website, I think it will be easier to call the ticket office and prebook the tickets.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,067 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

You can reserve tickets online. You can give the desired tour time. If you ask for a 09:45 tour and the next English tour is at 09:50 they will book you for this tour.

https://www.hohenschwangau.de/765.0.html

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,777 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

We were also thinking of staying there so as to be able to take the first English tour. I don't see a list or timetable of the tour times either, AliceAustralia. On the website it just seems to list the ticket office opening times. Does anyone know what time the first English tour would be? EmeraldDiva was booked at 9:50, so perhaps that is the first English tour?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,067 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

> I don't see a list or timetable of the tour times either

There is no such list at all. They will schedule the tours according to demand.

The ticket center opens at 8am (in Summer). Thus the first tour can be at 9am. And I guess that the first English tour will be at 09:00, 09:10 or 09:20. If you want to be on the first tour just apply for a tour time of 09:00. And wait on what tour you'll be assigned on.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,777 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

Thank you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

Thanks everyone. I have been allocated a tour starting at 9:50 for Hohenschwangau and 11:55 for Neuschwanstein. It gives us plenty of time to get from one to the other. Now i just have to wait till we go on our holiday!

9. Re: Neuschwanstein Castle Visits & Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 14:18