We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

Hi,

I'm planning on making this DFB Pokal fixture. I see 1860 never fill the Allianz and I'm wondering if this cup game would sell out? It's their biggest fixture in quite some time and it clashes with Oktoberfest so obviously the interest will be bigger than normal.

There should be 6-10 of us heading along. Would we be better buying tickets online or would we be able to buy tickets at the ground a couple of hours before kick off?

Thank you.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

1860 fill the stadium for the odd local derby and this will most likely be a sell out.

The contingent of tickets available online is fairly limited (i.e. you cant get 2 seats beside each other any more) which would make me believe that ticket sales are fairly brisk to say the least.

I wouldnt leave it till the day, which is a disaster anyhow as theres never enough kiosks open anyhow.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

Thanks for the swift reply. Ugh, I was expecting alot of interest alright but not this much. I'll get cracking on it now. Thanks again.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

For local derbys like Augsburg it is not unknown for it to sell out either, all 70,000 seats for a second division game, so it shouldn't be surprising a game like Dortmund would have similar interest.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

Oh right, I wasn't aware of that. I managed to get 3 tickets anyway. Thanks for the replies.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
85 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

Call yourself lucky ;)

They stopped the pre-sale yesterday evening, it seems that the game is already sold out..

6. Re: 1860 Munich V Borussia Dortmund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 12:18