We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reichstag and Charlottenburg

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reichstag and Charlottenburg

We, a group of 4 seniors are going to be in Berlin from 15th to 18th june. We wouldn't want to miss Reichstag tour , Charlottenburg schloss and Hitler's bunker amongst other things. We are finding non-availability of these tour ton internet during our stay. Are these places accessible without prior reservations or is tgere any way we can arrange beforehand.

Also any advice re local transit commuting and passes will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

AC

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reichstag and Charlottenburg

Hitler's Bunker is not accessible for anyone as it was destroyed and the remains filled up with earth.

You should find tours for the other two, try googling for "visit Bundestag" and "schloss charlottenburg"

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reichstag and Charlottenburg

The only thing to see of the bunker is a sign in a car park built over it.

To visit the palace you can get a bus from Zoo station which stops outside,whist there do visit the Bergruen museum opposite.

The Bundestag is easy to get to but you need to reserve a time on the Bundestag website

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
822 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reichstag and Charlottenburg

Charlottenburg has self-guided audio tours. Very good and see at your own pace. Were you looking for a guided tour from a non-affiliated company - Viatour, etc? If so, no need. You will do better yourselves. I get the impression that Charlottenburg Palace is rarely crowded. Others, correct me if wrong. If you don't like the public transport options from your hotel, there are taxi stands outside the Palace. The gardens and out lying buildings are also available - these are interesting as well. Check the website for opening times and days - I believe closed on Mondays.

If you want a bunker experience, there is Berliner Unerwelten with several guided tours of WWII and Cold War bunkers - google their website. I did the WWII bunker tour - very interesting, evocative and entertaining, if it's possible to have all three at once. You do need to queue early for tickets - I'd be there a minimum of an hour in advance of your desired tour and be prepared to change plans, small tour groups and no advance ticket sales. You said you are seniors, there are stairs and uneven pavement, but nothing very demanding walking-wise.

Edited: 07 June 2015, 21:25
Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
561 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reichstag and Charlottenburg

Quick check on the Bundestag website reveals your dates are not available so either fully booked or it’s not open to the public and the next available day is 20th June, which is of no use to you.

5. Re: Reichstag and Charlottenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 12:17