We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Issues related to refugee crisis

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Issues related to refugee crisis

How are tourists being affected by this situation in Bremen? In Germany in general?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Issues related to refugee crisis

Not at all

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Issues related to refugee crisis

The refugee crisis makes headline news every day, and you see it on TV every day, too. Some of these headlines are frankly annoying, such as the Guardian complaining that refugees are now being sent to what used to be part of Dachau concentration camp because everywhere else is just full. As in, no more space.

Other than that, when I was in Munich last week I hardly noticed anything, and if it hadn't been for the constant headline news, I might not have noticed it at all. I was in Munich by train last Monday, and again by car and subway on Friday. And I was looking for refugees at the station, because I had taken some apples from our garden and thought I would find a crowd of people in need and could distribute them. Not so. A handful of people were sleeping or sitting somewhere, and I noticed a few foreigners who seemed to be looing for something. But where they refugees or just tourists? I don't know.

In one corner of the station, there was a cordoned off area and some police. But no refugees. I assume that they were waiting for the next train(s) to arrive.

There was also this place near the central station (3 minutes walk), where I could finally donate my apples. No refugees there either, at that time. ... I saw some refugees behind the city hall, sitting in the sun, waiting for something it seemed. But that was all.

No disruption of public life or anything like that. ... I mean, if a train full of refugees arrives, it's just a crowd of people, and I'm sure it's not the first crowd of people you've had to deal with. Help them, if you like, walk past an continue your sightseeing, if not.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Issues related to refugee crisis

You should mention that this is one bloke from Afghanistan who is in Germany for five years and moved into a normal apartment building on the grounds of the former concentration camp.

Edited: 21 September 2015, 13:57
4. Re: Issues related to refugee crisis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2016, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Bremen
Recent Conversations