We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for Trier ruins

Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Guide for Trier ruins

Can anyone suggest a private tour guide or small group tour to visit the ruins in Trier. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Trier
Trier
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
6 replies to this topic
Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide for Trier ruins

The Trier tourist office offers this English-language tour. The size of the group will depend on the number of interested parties. I've not taken it myself.

trier-info.de/english/city-walking-tours-in-…

You can arrange for a private tour with the TI as well. "Over 130 qualified guides are available for tours through Trier in more than 15 languages." Details here:

www.trier-info.de/english/group-city-tours

Mentioned in this post
Trier
Trier
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,483 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide for Trier ruins

I have taken a group tour in Trier, in French as it happens, and although the guide was very pleasant, easily understood, and thorough with her explanations in a typically German way, I am not sure that I learnt anything useful, or saw anything interesting, that I wouldn't have discovered for myself just wandering around.

Mentioned in this post
Trier
Trier
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
436 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide for Trier ruins

good information- thanks RUSS !

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
436 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide for Trier ruins

does anyone know if the TOURIST OFFICE has maps or a do it yourself tour? I seem to see mixed reviews on doing the walk with a guide-

thanks- will be there in october

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,483 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide for Trier ruins

There is a very useful article on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trier) which details the main sites, most of which are within very easy walking distance of each other, and lacks only a map. Start with the Porta Negra which is next door to the tourist office. The centre of Trier is largely pedestrianised and the sights are well signposted. The Landesmuseum is quite interesting if you have time.

Mentioned in this post
Trier
Trier
6. Re: Guide for Trier ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 November 2017, 06:35

Reply to: Guide for Trier ruins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted