We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

14 posts
Save Topic
4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Hi There, I am travelling to Spain in early July, 18 and will be staying at Alicante for 4 nights. I will be having a car with me at Alicante and would like to travel to Granada, Cordoba and Seville for one day each from Alicante. Please guide me how can make maximum out of these 3 days. I prefer to come back to alicante each night from aforesaid destinations as I got free accommodation available at Alicante. I have limited budget but can spend where necessary to optimize time for advantage.

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
12 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Why don’t you check viamichelin.com and see how much time will you need to spend in transit each day. I would definitely start there.

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

It will take around 6 hours each way Alicante to Seville and 5.5 hours each way Alicante to Cordoba. You will have no time to do anything but drive.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Seville
Seville
Cordoba
Cordoba
London, England
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Plot your proposed itinerary on the best European route / time / distance/ cost planner website Viamichelin.com and you'll soon see that the idea of day trips, returning each night to Alicante is mad, expensive and time-consuming.

It's almost 400 miles / 7-8 hours each way to Seville alone, so that day return trip, with comfort breaks will take you 18+ hours driving and cost you over 100 euros in fuel and tolls. Do all three as day trips and you will barely have time to eat and sleep, let alone sightsee!

Cheap hotels in each of your three destinations will actually save money. Especially if you factor in the likely need to pay for parking

In fact you should maybe think about public transport... unless someone is giving you a free car that may be cheaper than a rental...?

Back to the drawing board; or in your case, a map?

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Seville
Seville
London, England
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Snap, Anna, Joanandmatt

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,146 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

For Granada:

For Alhambra Tickets (Book early- at least 3 months in advance):

https:/…

If you are too late in buying tickets for the date you want, you can try calling your hotel and ask them to buy tickets for you, since the Alhambra allocates tickets to hotels for their clients. If this fails, you can buy the Granada Card for 40 euros, which includes a ticket for the Alhambra.

Downtown Granada is Calle Reyes Catolicos. Use Booking.com to screen hotels and apartments in the Granada City Center. A good hotel downtown with parking is the Vincci Albayzin. Shopping streets are Calle Reyes Catolicos, Calle Zacatin, and Calle Recogidas. There is a large El Corte Ingles Department Store at Carrera de la Virgen, 20. The Alcaiceria is beside the Cathedral and has many shops.

Good restaurant: Restaurante Chikito (Plaza del Campillo, 9; Tel: 958-223-364) - A gastronomic restaurant that has won many prizes for its food. Reservations are a must.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,150 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Vincci Albayzin
Vincci Albayzin
1,180 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Alcaiceria
Alcaiceria
234 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Chikito
Chikito
753 Reviews
Granada, Spain
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Thank you all for saving my day... I reconsider the plan and made new plan and now need your advice accordingly. I got general ticket for Alhembra ticket for 6th July with N.Palace access time to 1730. In view ,I have tried to make plan accordingly:

On 5th Morning about 6 AM, I will leave for Seville by Car and spend a night at Seville.

On 6th Morning about 6, I will leave from Seville to Granada and spend a night at Granada

On 7th Morning about 6 I will leave for Cordoba from Granada and about 3, I would head back to Alicante from Cordoba .

Is this trip do able? or should I skip Seville or Cordoba? What should be my plan for each city considering my time and travelling

its my first time to Spain and I got a free car from Alicante ( I have to pay for fuel only) thats why I am opting for drive. if any cheap alternative available then please suggest too.

Thanking You in advance

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Thank you all for saving my day... I reconsider the plan and made new plan and now need your advice accordingly. I got general ticket for Alhembra ticket for 6th July with N.Palace access time to 1730. In view ,I have tried to make plan accordingly:

On 5th Morning about 6 AM, I will leave for Seville by Car and spend a night at Seville.

On 6th Morning about 6, I will leave from Seville to Granada and spend a night at Granada

On 7th Morning about 6 I will leave for Cordoba from Granada and about 3, I would head back to Alicante from Cordoba .

Is this trip do able? or should I skip Seville or Cordoba? What should be my plan for each city considering my time and travelling

its my first time to Spain and I got a free car from Alicante ( I have to pay for fuel only) thats why I am opting for drive. if any cheap alternative available then please suggest too.

Thanking You in advance

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
scotland
Level Contributor
18,786 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

IMO ...you are trying to do so much in such a short time , as you have tickets for Alhambra , I'd base in Granada and do Cordoba as a day trip

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Good advice from ab2pcs.

You need at least 3 full days to see Seville, it's around 6 or 7 hours drive from Alicante without stops or allowing for traffic hold ups.

Granada and Cordoba this time and leave Seville for another visit.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 days trip from Alicante to Granada, Cordoba and seville

Thanks Guy, So leaving Seville for next time and leaving car behind as well, instead asked someone to drop us at Granada on 6th morning from Alicante. Spending 6 and 7 nights at Granada and then will take train to Barcelona on 8th morning. I have general tickets for 6th July and if on 7th got a chance then would take a day trip Cordoba else will stay at Granada only. thank you all for your advises. Do I need skip a line ticket as well, if yes then is it available from ticket office or its with guided tours only?

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona