We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October/November

glasgow
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
October/November

Are there still plenty of restaurants/bars open at end of October/start of November ?Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October/November

Yes. Estepona is an all year round working town not just a tourist destination.

Mentioned in this post
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
587 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October/November

The only ones that will not be open are a few of the chiringuito beach bars. The 1st November is a Bank Holiday so they will be open then.

It is February when some, some, just a few and not all, places shut down for 2-3 weeks for annual holiday.

In October and November everything will be going on as usual. And there are some great places to eat in Estepona, as my waistline can tell!

As Annie says, Estepona is not a town relying on tourists. In fact the locals go out a LOT! A favourite is to go out in a group for . . . breakfast! At only €2 or €2.50 a head it's a cheap way to meet up and chat with friends. I belong to no less than 3 breakfast groups; most people in the group go out for brekkers 5 or 6 times every week. Some every single day!

Best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October/November

There is a huge difference between being a resident with a network of friends and knowing where to find people and visiting as a tourist when out of season whilst a place may be open you may find yourself almost alone. I have found that the very Spanish vibe out of season may leave you quite isolated unless you speak at least competent basic Spanish and are willing to create conversation.

In season I may be out most evenings, out of season I may only bother Friday and Saturdays. I don’t need others to entertain me as I have a very busy routine (I don’t need to work) so I would say that depending on your personality type you will decide for yourself if Estepona is for you.

If you want stress free and no crowds out of season is perfect, it’s why I am here.

I actually prefer Estepona in the period you ask about but it is not for people seeking excitement in my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
Reply to: October/November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted