We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

Hi. We are about to purchase tickets for Alhambra in june and were trying to figure out which time slot will be better. We would really appreciate if someone can suggest if is it better to reserve noon tickets to Palacios Nazaries so that we can first visit the Generalife then Carlos V Palace and Alcazaba, or is it better to visit Palacio Nazaries first (9 or 10am) then the other sites? Which order do you recommend to get the best combination of less heat and less crowds? Thank you very much.

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,197 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Generalife
Generalife
9,440 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Hotel Carlos V
Hotel Carlos V
616 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,136 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

I prefer to visit the Alhambra at 9 am, especially since it will be cooler in June. Then you can visit the Alcazaba and Carlos V Palace (see both museums) and finish with the Generalife Gardens.

I would pick up the tickets the day before at the Tienda de la Alhambra shop in Granada’s city center on Calle Reyes Católicos nº 40.

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,197 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Hotel Carlos V
Hotel Carlos V
616 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Generalife
Generalife
9,440 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

I'd book 10 am for Nasrid; but there's no right or wrong answer to your qn

Collect your tickets in advance, arrive at Alhambra (via Justice Gate) at 9am, first do Alcazaba (45 mins) then join entrance queue nearby for Nasrid That then automtically takes you after Nasrid into Partal. Then do Generalife (that's the last of the ticketed sections for you). Then Carlos V Museums (no ticket).

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,197 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Generalife
Generalife
9,440 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Hotel Carlos V
Hotel Carlos V
616 Reviews
Granada, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,621 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

In Summer I like to start at the top and work down hill ! If taking the micro bus up to the main entrance you can sail through if you already collected tickets and head to the Generalife and gardens before the sun comes out in strength. Then wander down towards the Carlos V building maybe stopping on the terrace of the Parador hotel for a coffee.

Then see the fortress Alcazaba then finish with Nasrid perhaps using that as the last more shaded pert of the visit and exit from the complex via the Justice gate for either a bus back into town or a walk down the hill to Plaza Nueva.

Mentioned in this post
Generalife
Generalife
9,440 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Hotel Carlos V
Hotel Carlos V
616 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Plaza Nueva
Plaza Nueva
952 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

I'd book 11 am for Nasrid; but there's no right or wrong answer to your qn.

Look on this page

http://granadainfo.com/alhambra/layout.htm

In normal circumstances

The normal sequence is

Alcazaba

Carlos

Nazrids

Partal

Generalife

But you can do

Main Entrance

Generalife

Alcazaba

Carlos

Nazrids

Partal

It is normaly not that hot in June that you have to change route because of it.

Unless you are a heat wimp.

If you live in Mexico I am sure you are not a heat wimp or if you are you either spend a lot on AC or you should move. ( I just imagine it is hot in Mexico I don't know)

Maybe Mid July to Mid August but not June

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

Thank you very much BennyMalaga, KWUK, Cadiz_lover and stevenwellington for your tips. Does someone know at what time do they close Tienda de la Alhambra shop? We'll be arriving around 9-10pm and if the shop is still open we plan to collect our tickets that evening to save time next day. Thanks.

stevenwellington: Indeed, it's very hot where I live: 40-45C (100-110F) in summer. I still always try to avoid excessive heat and use always AC everywhere, and yes, we spend a lot on AC. Regards.

Mentioned in this post
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,197 Reviews
Granada, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,621 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

Fairly sure the shop closes around 9.30pm . At the main entrance you have a window to collect tickets or round the corner past the shop is a room with ticketmaster machines where you can collect.

7. Re: Suggested Order during Visit to Alhambra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2017, 13:18