We'll be stopping over One day/Night in Zaragoza. I read many things are closed on Mondays, what can we still do?
Certainly see the Aljaferia which is between the railway station (Delicias) and city centre.
Maybe these "many things" you were told were some museums....but the most important sigths are open:
- Definitely visit La Aljaferia as suggested by Cadiz_lover. It is the most northern Muslim palace in the Iberian Peninsula and one of the best preserved.
- The basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pilar (aka El Pilar church) is the most famous sight in Zaragoza. It will be open. Also the cathedral nearby, La Seo.
- shops and restaurants/bars will be open. Wander around the city centre. The central food market is quite nice too if you like these places.
- Do not miss the old (but recently restored) shopping gallery by the Plaza del Pilar.
- If you like street art, or just authentic, non-touristy areas, wander around 'el Gancho' area (barrio de San Pablo, part of the old town).
This should be more than enough to fill a day... unless you were planning to visit a specific museum that happens to close on Monday, you should not feel you are missing anything :)Edited: 16 September 2016, 20:57
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.