We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area is right for us?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
253 posts
67 reviews
Which area is right for us?

We want to visit Majorca in Sept. I am confused as to which area would be right for us? We want to avoid the super touristy party areas, and like nature, photography, good restaurants, beaches, hiking, exploring and wandering around small towns. I am looking at areas such as Soller and Pollenca. Am I on the right track? If we stay in these areas, will it be easy to get to other areas for day trips if we have a car?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Which area is right for us?

You are definitely on the right track Those two areas tick your boxes; and both are easy for your daytrips.

Pollenca and Soller are very pleasant & traditional towns, a few miles inland. Their corresponding beach resorts are Puerto Pollensa and Puerto Soller.

Soller area wins out if "serious" hiking is a priority for you. Pollenca area wins out if better beaches is a priority for you. But both areas are great.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
122 reviews
2. Re: Which area is right for us?

I you are hiring a car getting around is fairly easy by road and whilst there are many places to see the island itself is not huge.

Atb steve

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
253 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Which area is right for us?

Thanks KWUK.. no, we are not into "serious" hiking, but we like to do an easy hike for an hour or three.... especially if it leads us to amazing views or beaches that are off the beaten path.

Of the two, which do you think has better options for a stroll at night to restaurants and bars? We like a somewhat lively but not party atmosphere.

Thanks!

Reply to: Which area is right for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted