We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma airport

Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Palma airport

Hi guys,I was just wondering,me and my girlfriend and our 3 year old son are going s'arenal in September, and we are reading about thieves robbing peoples phones and belongings when you go through the scanners etc,is it really that bad?how is it possible to watch your belongings go through the scanners while at the same time as you are walking through yourself?or am I just over thinking this?lol I just want to be fighting people at the airport

14 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma airport

Sorry I mean I 'don't' want to be fighting people at the airport lol ,I'm replying to myself because I can't find an edit on my question :(

London
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma airport

travel through palma airport 4 or 5 times a year - i have NEV ER seen or HEARD of such a thing and i'm normally putting through laptops/phones/kindles/tablets myself.

Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma airport

That's great to hear,darn these pesky,lying newspapers :)

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma airport

Its possible that these things could happen although ive never witnessed any of it , my wife makes a point of going through the scanner before i put the tray through so she can be there when it comes out the other side , she trusts no one !!😁😁

Mallorca
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma airport

I was reading about this the other day, and whilst I don't believe it's an issue at Palma, there are definitely some airports around the world where it's more likely to happen.

My advice would be to always place your phone, wallet, passport and anything else which is small and valuable into your bag before passing it through the Xray machine. Try, if possible, to ensure that your tray doesn't go into the Xray machine before you're ready to walk through the metal detector.

At Palma the Guardia Civil have desks facing the Xray machines, so the area where you collect your belongings is watched quite closely. Therefore, I think it would be unlikely to experience this type of problem at Palma airport.

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
371 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma airport

That's exactly what we're like too :) :)

Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma airport

That's how we will do it,keep an eye on everything,I know ballerman is coming soon 2 weeks before we fly back home, does anybody know if its quietened down a bit?I heard some locals were protesting because they became fed up with people getting drunk on a mad one partying loud,we've never even been to spain,we normally pick Greece :)

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma airport

Hopefully being September too,it night not be so hectic,although I hear September is still a busy time in Mallorca thanks a lot guys,I feel better now :)

Edited: 08 June 2018, 22:59
Oswestry...
Level Contributor
105 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma airport

I agree with what Chunkylover..... says. My wife and I who are now pensioners have passed through Palma Airport at least 2 or 3 times a year for over 20 years and have never had anything taken from us. We've never even heard of any such problems.

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
371 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply