We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Santandria Beach

Which Ciutadella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Santandria Beach

Hi,

I will be staying at the Hotel Santandia beach for 2 weeks in June 2014. I have read great reports about the Hotel and the owners. The Hotel and the area looks so pretty any information about Santandria area would be greatly appreciated. I am a mature solo traveller.

Regards Marlena

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

It is a nice quiet area, that is mostly residential with a few hotels. Most is near to your Hotel on the beach? but of course much more is in Ciutadella ( area ) which is an easy bus/taxi ride

http://www.mymenorca.info/santandria/ might help you out with ideas

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

Hi Tom T,

many thanks for getting back to me. I am really enjoying the link you sent over it looks a very pretty place and a bus ride into Ciutadella will be a nice change.

Regards Marlena

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

You will love Ciutadella - lovely architecture and plenty of interesting streets and places to wander around. As it is only about 3km away from your resort if you found yourself in town at a time when it isn't convenient to return by bus a taxi isn't going to be too expensive either.

I see that you are travelling alone so you will be pleased to know that Menorca is a very safe place and although obviously normal rules apply about looking after your belongings and always using a safe in your hotel room etc. you will have no problems there travelling as a lone female.

In Ciutadella there are lots of options on places to eat - many restaurants down on the harbourside as well as lots in the town. I can recommend having a tapas type lunch at Cas Consol on the Placa des Born ( see tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187465-… ) which overlooks the harbour - it was recommended to me last year by midge_ntl and we ended up eating there twice we enjoyed it so much

Once in Ciutadella you can get an express bus directly across to Mahon - again a very interesting place and well worth a visit. There is a Top Question about Bus Services on the main island forum page

Edited: 29 January 2014, 03:31
Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

Hi,Minorca Regular,

many thanks for the restaurant tips" Ciutadella " sounds delightful. I have now made a file up of all the tips and information you kind people are sharing with me it is so helpful and is greatly appreciated. I fancy the express bus trip to Mahon there will be no stopping me now.

Regards Marlena

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

When you arrive look out for one of the free tourist information guides - these have lots of info and street maps . You can usually pick these guides up in car hire offices, hotels etc. and of course in the tourist info offices ( Ciutadella one is on the Placa des Born and is shut on Sundays and during the afternoons ) . I have found the one by Menorca Explorer ( see menorcaexplorer.com/servicios/guia-gratuita/ ) to be the neatest to carry around in a handbag and it contains street maps for all the main resorts as well as the residential towns which are often just as detailed as the ones on sale in the shops.

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

Hi MenorcaRegular,

" you are a star " many thanks for the info you are truely a Menorcan Regular.

Marlena

7. Re: Hotel Santandria Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella