We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

New York
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

Hi all,

I'll be traveling in Spain for two weeks visiting Barcelona, Valencia, and Majorca. I'm putting this trip together piecemeal and the last part missing is my travel from Barcelona to Valencia.

Ideally, I'll take the train (traveling with family - 3 other adults and a 14 month old), but I can't seem to find any availability in July via Renfe or Loco2.

Is it possible that all the trains are sold out so we'll have to fly? Have the trains just not been posted yet for sale?

Thanks for any help.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 00:03
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
3,097 Reviews
from US$44.20*
Best Seller
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
634 Reviews
from US$110.54*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Best of Barcelona...
1,719 Reviews
from US$103.60*
6 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

tickets are not on sale yet. renfe, the train company, releases tickets by blocks and sometimes it do it quite late on same lines. add to that that the summer schedule adjustment takes place this weekend and the updating delay is even bigger.

keep watching next week.

ps: as alternative you could take the ALSA bus. it is 1h slower but can be really cheap.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 00:09
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,922 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

I'm trying to travel from Barcelona to Valencia as well in July. July 3rd. I hit the same road block. I called RailEurope who seems to have the schedule now but I haven't bought tickets through them because I've heard bad things. They knew of the issue but couldn't explain it completely. Seems like just have to keep checking the various sites. Loco2 and Renfe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

You do not have to check multiple sites. No one has a source for tickets other than Renfe. If some overpriced re-seller shows inventory, they are selling short, banking on their intuition about pricing and their willingness to take a risk on them with their inflated prices. This lets them sell some tickets to those who don't know any better, and they do it for that very reason.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

The Renfe site now appears to have the schedule. I checked Valencia to Barcelona for July 12.

New York
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July

Thanks everyone for the replies. I kept checking and was able to find availability. Just felt a little last minute for me :)

Reply to: Train from Barcelona to Valencia in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted