We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any nightlife in the gothic quarter

Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Any nightlife in the gothic quarter

I walked about during day and my favourite part of Barcelona, as its so unique and cool. I thought to myself how good would it be with friends to walk about the maze like area at night drunk searching for cool bars? But is there much nightlife or bars there at all?

3 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any nightlife in the gothic quarter

Yes there is nightlife. Especially by Placa de Reail and the surrounding lanes anf streets. But be aware dont be wandering aimlessly drunk into the early hours around there as its full of pickpockets late into the night so keep your wits about you. Behind the city hall(Ayuntamiento) is a more pleasant part of the Gothic for bars for bars

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any nightlife in the gothic quarter

You might also want to check out El Born (another part of the Old City, northeast of the Bari Gotic across Via Laietana) for "cool" bars and nightlife. Check out El Paradiso and Dr. Stravinsky to name two that are quite unique. I agree with Michael that it is not a particularly good idea to walk around drunk at night.

Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any nightlife in the gothic quarter

ye it also seemed dangerous, could imagine being quite dangerous at night? lots of dark narrow streets and closes, but ok with a group of friends.

Reply to: Any nightlife in the gothic quarter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted