We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monserrat trip tomorrow Monday

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
214 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Monserrat trip tomorrow Monday

I am a little confused so would appreciate some assistance. We will be heading out from Pl. Espanya. Do we just buy the R5 & cable car tickets from the machine or is there a Tourism office that sells the tickets? If so, where is it? We want an early start so the earliest train that connects with the cable car is 830 am? Also we want to do some hiking so we would wait to buy the funicular tickets once we get there as we only want to take the funicular up the mountain and walk down?

2 replies to this topic
Paranaque...
Level Contributor
319 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monserrat trip tomorrow Monday

Hi deblakes,

We purchased our tickets from the TI office at Plaça Catalunya (I understand it's also possible to buy them online) and rode the 8:36 am train from Plaça Espanya station. Not sure about the funicular tickets since they're part of the Trans Montserrat tickets we bought but I'm sure others will be able to provide guidance on your last query.

Regards,

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
460 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Montserrat
Montserrat
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,561 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monserrat trip tomorrow Monday

Hi

Both, an ATM (yellow and with signs if I'm not mistaken) or at the manned booths. There used to be also an information point at the station with staff helping visitors to Montserrat, but I haven't been in that station for a while and I don't know if it's still on.

I believe so since it takes an hour and the first cable car this time of the year is on at 9:40.

As you wish, but the most comfortable way is to get a TransMonserrat combo ticket at the station in Plaça Espanya which covers all the transportation needs (train, cable car, funiculars -there are two!). If you buy the tickets separately: (1) you'll have to line up at every turn (at the cable car, at the funicular...) and I believe in all it's even a tad more expensive. So, why not simply get the combo ticket instead? If you just don't want to use a funicular return leg... well, don't :)

Mentioned in this post
Montserrat
Montserrat
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Reply to: Monserrat trip tomorrow Monday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted