We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

Austin, Texas
9 posts
Save Topic
Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

We have 8:30 reservations on the Wednesday morning after we arrive in Barcelona. It looks as though the 92 bus goes directly from the hotel to the park, and according to the route planner that I saw, it will take about the same amount of time as a cab. Is this generally accurate for this time of day? The metro doesn't seem to make sense for this trip. Money is less of an issue than time.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 11:37
Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

the bus makes stops that the taxi doesn't, but the difference should not be that great. google maps says 20 vs 35 minutes. At that hour, I would take a taxi unless budget is an issue. and no the metro makes no sense for this.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

I don't know which rout planner you've used but it's wrong.

According to logic, and any planner I know (including the TMB one) the bus will take around 40 minutes while a taxi (according to the official taxi rout planner) should take about 20 minutes.

The estimated fare for the taxi is 12€ while the bus, with the T-10, is 1.02€ per passenger.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

Note if you take bus #92 that locals are fed up with uncivil tourists that do not respect the basic rules of using a bus: you enter only via the front door and you exit via the other doors. You always validate your ticket, even if it is an unlimited one. You go to the end of the bus, and you must ALWAYS give your seat to someone who needs it more than you (old people, preganant...), regardless it is a reserved seat or not. You must avoid seating at the reserved seats, which are clearly marked as reserved seats with icons or being painted in grey. You must give your seat even if you're not asked to.

Austin, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

Google maps shows between 16-40 minutes depending on traffic at that time of day, hence the question on the accuracy. I was unaware of an official taxi rout planner, so thank you for pointing that out.

That's sad that tourists can't comply with common sense and courtesy on a bus. Having spent the majority of my years using San Francisco's bus system, I can't imagine that we will have an issue.

Thanks for helping me confirm what.I was leaning towards.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

I was saying that there are some uncivil tourist that seem to leave at home respect for locals, they must think that here we are just extras of a resort park. But Barcelona is a city, that has people living in it, and visitors should respect the rules of courtesy. That said, if you know which rules apply in a bus, you can use them.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 22:25
Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

This is the official taxi rout calculator

…amb.cat/s/…web-version.html

They also have apps for Android and iOS.

The fares and duration are, of course, an estimate and they do not include supplements (like 1€for large suitcase, 3.10€ for a large taxi with 5-6 passengers). Thy do, however, include airport/port/train station fees, if you choose one of those locations.

Austin, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?

This is helpful, thank you!

Reply to: Bus or cab to Park Guell from Hotel SB Icaria?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted