We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona 7 Days trip

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
426 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelona 7 Days trip

Hi All,

We are 4 friends planning to be in Barcelona from 29th June to 6th July 2018. We have rented an Airbnb at Carrer de Sant Vicenç Ferrer, which is 12 kms from El prat Barcelona airport. I was advised to book a taxi from airport to apartment as we will have to change few buses and metro lines. Please advise how much it will cost from airport to apartment.

We were thinking of renting a car as from our apartment to Plaza de Catalunya is 10 kms / 30 mins drive. But keeping the busy tourist season in mind and parking space availability we are thinking of utilizing public transport. Can you please guide if we can get bus / metro from Carrer de Sant Vicenç Ferrer, to city center? Routine number of bus / metro lane? direct or we will have to change?

Apart from city sites we are planning to visit Tossa de Mar, Tarragona, Girona and Zaragoza (if time permits). We will rent car for Tossa, Tarragona and Girona, please suggest good car companies near Carrer de Sant Vicenç Ferrer or city center. Also advise if we should visit these cities or can add more near by cities if time allows.

Thats if for now, will ask more later :)

Thank you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Catalonia Barcelona Plaza
Catalonia Barcelona Plaza
2,723 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
460 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Tossa de Mar
Tossa de Mar
Costa Brava, Spain
Tarragona
Tarragona
Costa Dorada, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Tossa Beach Hotel
Tossa Beach Hotel
1,159 Reviews
Tossa de Mar, Spain
9 replies to this topic
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

I don't think there's a Carrer de Sant Vicenç Ferrer in Barcelona. There's one in Cornellà de Llobregat . My guess is that it will be about €20 plus any supplements by taxi from the airport.

The busy tourist season has no bearing on the inadvisability of renting a car to get to the city centre. It is busy all the time.

If my assumption about your location is correct, then you are a short walk from Almeda railway station (many routes) and a longer walk to Gavarra metro on L5. Google Maps is really useful in this respect.

You can use trains for Tarragona, Girona and Zaragoza. I wouldn't advise driving to Tarragona. Parking is eye-wateringly expensive and very limited. I've driven in Zaragoza and found it quite difficult. We ended up coming out on completely the wrong side of the city and adding miles onto our trip, though I guess with satnav and luck it could be easier. If you drop Tossa de Mar, then you can avoid having a car at all. Plus you might actually want to spend some time in Barcelona which is quite close to where you're staying.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Tarragona
Tarragona
Costa Dorada, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Tossa de Mar
Tossa de Mar
Costa Brava, Spain
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

If you are going to hire a car you need an international drivers permit.

If the idea is to spend most of your time in Barcelona then if you can find somewhere closer to the centre & the airbnb can be canx without penalty I suggest you choose a more convenient location.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 19:08
Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

Like pandachris2 I'll assume that you´re staying in Cornellà and not Barcelona.

Near you you have the FGC "Almeda" station with L8 and many other commuter lines that will take you to Pl. Espanya. From there you have plenty of buses and the L1 and L3 metro.

As pandachris2 said, with a bit of a walk you also have the L5 metro and near you you also have the M12 bus, that can take you to Camp Nou, and the N13 bus - which is a night bus that end at Pl. Catalunya.

I would not recommend a car.

From the airport a taxi will be the best option, certainly when there are 4 of you. There is no need to book, just go to the taxi rank where plenty of taxis will be waiting.

You can also use public transport, which will require one change from T2 (from T1 you'll need the free shuttle to T2). In this case take the train from the airport to "Bellvitge" and there change to any FGC train from the "Gornal" station to "Almeda" The change is simple, you go out of the train station (look for the FGC sign but, in principle you turn right after going through the turnstile). Once you go out the entrance to the FGC station is about 60m on the other side of the square. If you get the T-10 all of you can use it (pass it once for each of you) and the ride will cost 1.02€ each (each ride includes up to 3 changes, including the one to the FGC).

To get to all the places you want to with public transport. Apart from Tossa de Mar you can get to the rest by train from the Sants train station (you can walk to the L5, which stops at Sants or take any FGC train to Pl. Espanya and there change to the L3 metro to Sants or walk from there to sants (about 900m).

You can also do the same as suggested for the airport but from "Bellvitge" take the train to Sants.

You can also get to Tossa de Mar with the train by going to Blanes and from the train station the bus (to Tossa you change buses at lloret).

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Camp Nou
Camp Nou
32,054 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
460 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Tossa de Mar
Tossa de Mar
Costa Brava, Spain
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
Tossa Beach Hotel
Tossa Beach Hotel
1,159 Reviews
Tossa de Mar, Spain
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

Hi Thank you for swift response.

Full address is : Carrer De Sant Vicenc Ferrer Cornella De Llobregat Catalunya 08940 Spain.

I assume we can buy T-10 card from Airport. What is the cost rough estimate.

Nearest metro is La Gavarra, which is 5 mins walk from our apartment. Almeda is 25 mins walk.

How can we reach to downtown from La Gavarra? Can you please explain the sequence of metro and changing lanes?

To visit other citeis, if i am not mistaken we will have to get train from Sants train station, which is 10 kms from our place. Do we have to book online tickets? or can get tickets at station easily?

Thank you once again.

Mentioned in this post
Cornella de Llobregat
Cornella de Llobregat
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
460 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

There's no rough cost for a T-10. They are fixed price. A single zone T-10 is €10.20, or €1.02 per journey. You can buy them at machines in any metro station. If you're getting a taxi from the airport (recommended for this address), then it's not worth the hassle of buying one there.

This is very easy to research.

I don't know what you're using to work out distances/times but Almeda station is about 4 minutes from Carrer de Sant Vicenç Ferrer. Gavarra is closer to 15 minutes.

Look at a map of the metro to work out routes/changes. It's very easy.

Sants is one of the main stations in the city and is certainly one that you can use for getting to many destinations outside Barcelona.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

I think you're confusing the two as the mentioned street (it's a shrt street) is right next to the FGC station "Almeda" (about 3-4 minutes) and about 10-15 minutes from the L5 "Estació de Gavarra" (depending on how fast you walk).

In any case, with L5 you can either change at "Plaça de Sants" to L1 or at "Diagona" to L3, both reach Pl. Catalunya. This is, of course, very general as each ride depends on where exactly you want to go.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
460 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

@pandachris2 I was using google maps to calculate the distance.

@amirlivne thank you. Is it legal to use one card for 4 people?

Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

The card is a multi person card. so up to ten people can use one card, for one ride. The T-10 card is a 10 journeys, 10.20€ card that can be shared. Each journey can include up to 3 changes to different transport means during 75 minutes from first validation of each ride.You need to validate the card one each change (in a closed system like the metro, where you can change without going out of the system you don´t need to validate and it does not count as a change). If you go back to a transport mean you've used (like go back to the same metro system or to the same bus or tram line) it will be considered as a new journey even if it's still within the 75 minutes time frame.

When more than one person uses the card remember to validate it once for each passenger on every change.

You can buy this card at any metro/train/tram station from the automatic machines. It's also sold in many newspaper stands, kiosks, tobacconist and lottery shops. Be aware that you cannot buy one on the bus. On the bus you can only get a single ticket (with no changes), the driver gives change but will not accept notes larger than 10€.

Most other cards are personal but for a short visit or low use of public transport the T-10 is the most economic one. I suggest buying them as you go but always have an extra one, in case you finish one in a place where you can't get a new one or if you want to split up.

FYI, each journey is printed on the back of the card, the last digit is the ride number (9-0) so you know how many journeys are left. The last journey is also followed by "titol esgotat" but remember to keep the card until you leave the last transport mean you've used for this ride.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelona 7 Days trip

@ Amirlivne thank you.

Edited: 24 June 2018, 19:42
Reply to: Barcelona 7 Days trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted