We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

upstate NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

Hi everyone,

We are traveling from Montreal to Barcelona and will be meeting family in the airport who are traveling from Germany to Barcelona. All the flights are coming in within the hour and we'd like to connect somewhere central and take a taxi together into the city. What is the best place for us to meet up? I'm guessing we will be arriving in different terminals and I know we will have to pass through customs etc..

thanks in advance,

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Germany
Germany
Europe
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
3,093 Reviews
from US$44.00*
Best Seller
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
631 Reviews
from US$109.97*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Best of Barcelona...
1,719 Reviews
from US$103.10*
Europe
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

It’s difficult to help you unless you can tell us the terminal(s) involved (or at least the airlines). (“From Montreal probably means Air Canada Rouge (terminal 1), but flights from Germany can arrive anywhere…)

In any case, if you arrive at different terminals I wouldn’t bother to meet up at the airport. But if you want to, there are free shuttle buses between the two terminals.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
upstate NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

Sorry, didn't realize the terminals made such a difference. As best I can tell, everyone will be arriving into Terminal One (Air Canada/Transat and Vueling/Iberia).

Europe
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

In that case I would meet after immigration, luggage retrieval and customs. There are a few small bars there (for example in the far left corner after customs) and its easy enough to keep an overview of the area.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

"#As best I can tell, everyone will be arriving into Terminal One (Air Canada/Transat and Vueling/Iberia)."

I usually live in Toronto so I have flown both Air Canada and Air Transat to Bcn. One arrives at T1 and the other, T2.

Iberia and Vueling both use T1, I think.

You'd best check on the arrival terminals and have a back up plan for meeting up. There's a free shuttle between the terminals. Caffe Fiore is a popular spot for meet ups.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
El Prat de Llobregat, Spain
Europe
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

Sorry, didn't realise that "Air Canada/Transat" meant 2 separate flights, since the "Vueling/Iberia" in the same phrase are actually the same flight (coming from Germany).

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

No worries, kbbcn. Although the 2 are not related, there might be some code-sharing arrangement...or not. I flew Air Transat last month and it DID arrive in the older terminal.

8. Re: Best place to meet up in the Barcelona airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2016, 13:19