We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed

tirana
1 post
Save Topic
Help needed

HI, I have a plane coming at 22.15 to barcelona airport on december 9, and from there, I have to go to Tarragona. Which is the best way to do so? I have checked the busplana schedule, and the last bus departs on 22.40. My problem is, what if the plane is late and we miss it? Is there another way, bus or train, or something we can get to tarragona that night?

Mentioned in this post
Tarragona
Tarragona
Costa Dorada, Spain
Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
358 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Help needed

ian_janice, that's right; that's what they said.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Help needed

moltes gracies AndFreL_bcn

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
358 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Help needed

Hm, why Italian and not "muchas gracias"? Sorry, that was not for me... :-)

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Help needed

Hi Oleg, if you are referring to Moltes gracies, it's catalan, Muchas Gracias is castellan (Spanish). being Scottish, I have a close association with Catalunya and will always use catalan when I know what to use, though even as a tourist, my preference for Catalonia can get me into trouble.

Mentioned in this post
Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
358 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Help needed

Dear ian_janice:

Oops, compermiso for my ignorance (unless it's wrong again :-). Sounds like this "moltes" is close/similar to Italian too. Gracias...?

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Help needed

Sorry, I didn't mean to over-complicate the language thing. I know that Catalan has some French influence, I suppose it could have some Italian too.

For anyone reading this and wondering which language to learn/use, don't worry, a few words in Castilian / Spanish will go a long way to please the locals.

Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
358 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Help needed

Dear friends, thank to your help I was able to plan and book everything I need. Thanks a lot! Last question, if you know, please.

In Barcelona (BCN) airport:

1. Is there a specially dedicated Ryan Air terminal or gate/concourse, etc.?

2. Ryan Air says that non-EU residents must validate/stamp their boarding passes at Ryan Visa/Document Check Desk prior to departure.

Do you know where this desk is located? Is it at a set location or does it change/move (closer to their boarding gates)?

3. Do you have any idea if this a long process, i.e. we have to allow plenty of additional time for this stamp?

And just in general, is Ryan boarding any different than any airline? Any tricks?

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
El Prat de Llobregat, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
358 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Help needed

Dear friends, we are almost in the doorway to go to Barcelona and Seville, but I just realized that e.g. Plana schedule from Barcelona to Tarragona is not in Spanish but in Catalan. While I am OK in Spanish, I found it different in Catalan.

My question: do they all speak/understand Spanish, or is it possible that some people in Salou don't? What about Barcelona? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Tarragona
Tarragona
Costa Dorada, Spain
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Vernon Hills
Level Contributor
358 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Help needed

Last tips, please.

1. When we arrive to BCN, where and how exactly do we go to the plana bus to Salou? What terminal, what direction, what signs to look for?

2. Where to buy a ticket, on the bus or in the ticket window?

3. What is the most practical, cheap, and convenient ticket around Barcelona, 10-ticket book or else? We will have to come to Barcelona in a day and spend a day there before flying to Seville, and then we will spend another full day and night before we fly back home to the US, so, I guess, we will ride around.

Any tickets that work for both buses, metro, etc.?

Thanks again, and see you in Spain next weekend.

Mentioned in this post
El Prat de Llobregat, Spain
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
30. Re: Help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 February 2012, 13:16