We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly

Spalding
3 posts
Dog Friendly

Are dogs welcome in this area. Are there bars and restraunts where we can sit outside with the dog and are there any beaches that we can take him on. We are hoping to visit but worry if our dog will be welcome.

We hope to stay just outside Tarragona, toward Barcelona, we plan to visit, April,May and June.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Dog Friendly

I do not have a dog but my mum does, and we never had any problem when sitting in outside terraces. I'm not sure about the beaches, I believe most of them do not welcome pets, but in some of them I have seen people with their dogs. Hopefully someone more familiar with Tarragona's beaches may help you better (we go frequently to Tarragona but just to have lunch or to walk around a bit and have a coffee)

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Dog Friendly

I live in Malaga and have no problem with my dogs at pavement cafes either in my area or other parts of Spain. Beaches need a little more thought. The writer of this walk recommends that you take your dog on this beautiful coastal walk which starts on the beach immediately north of Tarragona:

…wordpress.com/2009/…

My advice would be to search out the wilder beaches and avoid the weekends. In areas which are very built up, dogs are not allowed on beaches but this does not stop many Spaniards from taking their dogs on the beach.

Spalding
3 posts
3. Re: Dog Friendly

Thank you so much that looks wonderful. Thank you for your advice I do so hope we will be able to find a beach that we can take him on. Thank you

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Dog Friendly

I forgot to mention that that walk is just a small part of the long-distance footpath, the GR 92, which runs practically the whole length of the coast of Catalunya. Just google the place on the Catalan coast you go to and add "GR 92" and you'll find a walking area for your dog.

Edited: 14 March 2011, 22:42
Spalding
3 posts
5. Re: Dog Friendly

Brilliant thank you so much

6. Re: Dog Friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:21