We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Benikaktus

wales
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Benikaktus

Is this hotel as bad as the reviews make out it is? I'm getting really worried now and we go in just under 3 weeks. Whats the transfer like from the airport? Not sure whether to taxi/uber?

Thanks

Hotel Don Pancho
Hotel Don Pancho
#2 of 191 hotels in Benidorm
Riviera Beachotel
Riviera Beachotel
#3 of 191 hotels in Benidorm
Hotel RH Corona del Mar
Hotel RH Corona del Mar
#5 of 191 hotels in Benidorm
31 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

Hello loubie , have not stayed there but reviews don't look bad generally with most people thinking its very good or better.

What in particular worries you?

As it is located at the end of levante beach your transfer will be one off the later drops , i would not consider this a problem either because transfer times can be a bit of a lottery really.

Atb steve

Edited: 09 June 2018, 21:22
Pas-de-Calais...
Level Contributor
314 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

Stayed there a while back, slept like a log. It was a bit dated but clean and has undergone regular refurbishment. So it's 15 minutes walk from the madding crowd, who cares? Great views, entrance is up a steep hill but it keeps you fit too. Enjoy!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

Depends on your transfer company. The dirt cheap transfer will not take you to the hotel. Instead they will drop you at the bottom of the hill at Burger King. Hill is difficult if you are trying to drag a large suitcase up there.

My advice would be to book with Beniconnect.com

The Express minibus, max 4 drop transfer would take you to the hotel. Cost about £28 each return. Discount code on the link.

If there are more than 2 travelling together, book a return private transfer.

Mentioned in this post
Beniconnect
Beniconnect
2,687 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

Two of those latest reviews seem as if they are from the same couple (man and woman) They say the same thing, so dissguard one at least.

Hotel is what it is, up a hill and really in need of a refurb, with an average choice of food. Some complain about having to pay for their own drinks at mealtimes, well if you are B/B, H/B, or F/B this usually applies in all hotels.

Others complain they did not get a transfer to the hotel included in price. What next? I doubt if many hotels in the UK provide transfers, or drinks with meals. Might get a jug of tap water in the UK if you ask nicely, but don't expect it to be fridge cooled.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

As above , the more recent poorer reviews from posters seem to have had unrealistic expectations.

Atb steve

wales
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

Thanks All,

I usually take things with a pinch of salt but there were quite a few bad ones. I really dont sleep well at the best of times and would really get stressed out without any sleep. I wouldnt be expecting world class food but would still expect things to be enjoyable.

I haven't got any transfers booked yet so its good to know that we couldn't get dropped off at the hotel. Would a normal private taxi take you? I am considering paying a bit more for the Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel. Would you know if that was any good? We are only here for 4 nights and i don't want to spend my time wishing I could go home.

Mentioned in this post
Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa
Sandos Monaco Beach...
3,783 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

I don't think you would spend your holiday wishing you were at home if you booked Benikactus. A reviewer saying he could hear other guests flushing the toilet in the middle of the night. Tell me of a hotel where you cannot hear toilets flushing 🙉

If the cost of the Sandos Monaco is within budget, book it. You will save on transfer costs there, book a cheaper transfer to Sandos. It's also all inclusive and highly regarded.

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

Can’t comment on the Benikaktus but I doubt if if the Monaco is in a similar budget. I would highly recommend it. Lovely rooms, carpeted hall, great food, on the flat and decent location for both old town and new. Also adults only and usually not bad for groups but there are always some.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Benikaktus
Hotel Benikaktus
510 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
east midlands
Level Contributor
5,602 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

We heard couple in next room at Rio park breaking wind

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Benikaktus

We have stayed in Benikactus twice. We would go back for the view alone. All the rooms have a sea view. It’s so peaceful. We used to leave the window open at night and you could hear the sea crashing against the rocks. The food wasn’t to our liking although others eemed to enjoy it. The rooms are a bit dated but as I say we would go back. It’s great to sit outside at the pool area you have a fabulous view of people using the jet ski etc. Enjoy your holiday.

Reply to: Hotel Benikaktus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm