We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

County Cork, Ireland
14 posts
What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

Hi guys, myself and my fiancée are due to fly out of Dublin to Rome on the 24th of July, I notice there is an Italian ATC strike on the 21st of July.

I’m worried that the date may be switched to the 24th, what is the minimum notice period that they have to give for a strike in Italy? Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

8 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
1. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

scioperi.mit.gov.it/mit2/public/scioperi

Go here. All strikes are listed going out until mid October.

Your problem is you need to worry about Italy,France , the UK and Irish strikes.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

Here is a list of all strikes.

Seems to me Ryanair employees are on strike the 25th

scioperi.mit.gov.it/mit2/public/scioperi

Edited: 14 July 2018, 15:02
County Cork, Ireland
14 posts
3. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

We don’t need to worry about the UK or friends strikes as we’re flying from Dublin to Italy. I’m not worried about the Ryanair strike in Ireland as I have a one way ticket for myself and my fiancée for the 24th with Aer Lingus just Incase. I’m worried they may change the date of the ATC strike that’s why I’m wondering about the notice period they have to give before they strike.

County Cork, Ireland
14 posts
4. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

We don’t need to worry about the UK or friends strikes as we’re flying from Dublin to Italy. I’m not worried about the Ryanair strike in Ireland as I have a one way ticket for myself and my fiancée for the 24th with Aer Lingus just Incase. I’m worried they may change the date of the ATC strike that’s why I’m wondering about the notice period they have to give before they strike.

Italy
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
5. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

Actually you do. Your flight will fly over French and UK airspace. If there is a strike you'll have problems.

If you look at the strike list you'll notice how far out notice is give. It would likely be considered illegal to strike on the 24th.

County Cork, Ireland
14 posts
6. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

Is there any ATC strikes planned for the end of July in France or the U.K.? This is really making me worried now. I presume our flight wouldn’t be cancelled just severely delayed if there is an ATC strike?

Italy
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
7. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

Depends on the strike .

I flew out in May during a strike. My flight left perfectly on time. 90% of the other flights didn't leave at all. The airlines will prioritize.

You never know with the French ATC.

County Cork, Ireland
14 posts
8. Re: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?

I read online that only 5 days notice has to be given for a strike in France is this true? I just want to be able to go on my holiday it’s my first holiday abroad with my fiancée and we spent over 2000 euros.

Reply to: What is the notice period for ATC strikes in Italy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted