We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What beaches to visit

New Zealand
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What beaches to visit

Hi, My family and I are stopping in Salerno for 3 nights (2 full days - sadly not longer) in July and have booked an tour of Pompeii on the first morning. This tour finishes at 11.30 and my question is what is the best itinerary for the next day and a half? Are there beaches in Pompeii I could take the kids to in the afternoon? Do we head straight back to Salerno to a beach or catch a ferry to Amalfi or Positano or do one of those the following day? Are the beaches close to the ferry port in Amalfi and/or Positano? We have a car to drive to Pompeii but don't want to drive on the Amalfi Roads and will be returning it after the Pompeii day. We thought we would take the ferry. I'm trying to be mindful that it will be hot and the kids will not want to walk around a lot but rather visit some nice beaches. I of course would love to leave them on the beach with dad and wander around a little. Any suggestions are welcome. We leave for our trip in 3 weeks!

Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Pompeii
Pompeii
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
352 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What beaches to visit

Couple of thoughts. First, yes the beaches are near the ferry landings. Second, the beaches there are actually little pebbles that hurt my feet. They are NOT sandy at all.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What beaches to visit

Take a ferry from Salerno to Maiori www.travelmar.it to find a sandier beach than the typical pebbly AC beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Maiori
Maiori
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What beaches to visit

I would for a day go to Amalfi, walk the Valle delle Ferriere path (few nice waterfalls and nice river) and then go back either to go on foot from Amalfi to the beach of Atrani or Castiglione di Ravello (not sany though).

Edited: 13 June 2018, 13:08
Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Valle delle Ferriere
Valle delle Ferriere
517 Reviews
Amalfi, Italy
Atrani
Atrani
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
New Zealand
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What beaches to visit

Thank you for your reply. I'm starting to put together a plan. Grateful to receive all of your comments and any more suggestions are also welcome.

Reply to: What beaches to visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted