We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip

Doylestown...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day Trip

I will be traveling to Pompeii for the day and need to park my car someone safe with luggage( any ideas)?

I will have 2 children (2 and 4 years old). Is a half day a good amount of tome to visit? And what are the most see stops to make?

Best Seller
Ruins of Pompeii & Mt Vesuvius Day...
3,807 Reviews
from US$142.70*
Best Seller
Small-Group Pompeii with Amalfi Coast...
388 Reviews
from US$212.80*
Best Seller
Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip...
1,663 Reviews
from US$107.00*
3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip

It is really not ideal to leave a car with luggage while you are touring Pompeii. At a minimum I would say 2-3 hours to tour the site. Keep in mind it is very hot and there is no shade so plan accordingly especially with kids. Hats, sunscreen, loose fitting clothes and lots of water.

J T
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip

Just drove to Pompeii and went all the way past the hawkers waving "parking" signs and headed to the front gate and parked in a small parking lot right after called Zeus. It was 15 euro for the day and steps to the front gate. We had some things locked in the trunk and all went well, but I would never park a car in any lot with luggage that can be viewed through the window. We spent over three hours there and loved it, but bought water before we entered. Also, downloaded free Rick Steves audio tour on our phones and it was fine. In fact, we preferred exploring on our own. The Steves tours are extremely basic, but if you don't want to shell out for a tour they are enough. I had additional info from a book and together it worked out. Went to Caupona for lunch after (2 miles away) and loved that as well!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip

You can leave luggage in car if nothing valuable is in it other than just clothes.

Reply to: Day Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted