We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to cinque terre with 3 teens in July.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
125 reviews
travelling to cinque terre with 3 teens in July.

I'd like to stay two nights in La Spezia since this is easy train access from Venice then on to Rome.

I know there is a convenient train, but I think it would be nicer to see Cinque Terre from the water. Is there a convenient ferry and / or boat tour from La Spezia to Cinque Terre and including Portevenere?

If so, can anyone recommend which one?

Should I reserve in advance? Or are these readily avaialble?

Is La Spezia nice enough to spend a couple nights, or should I continue on to one of the smaller towns?

Any recommendations for a hotel with a view and a pool?

2 replies to this topic
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
303 posts
1 review
1. Re: travelling to cinque terre with 3 teens in July.

There's only one ferry company and you don't need reservations nor can they be made. The ferry question was just answered here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18782…

La Spezia is a fine small city for your stay. The teens might enjoy the Naval Museum or the castle with an archeology museum.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,167 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: travelling to cinque terre with 3 teens in July.

Be warned that, during the day in July, the villages are likely to be crowded to the point of being unpleasant. If you stay in one of the villages, you can wander around in the evening when the cruise passengers and day-trippers have left.

Reply to: travelling to cinque terre with 3 teens in July.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre
Recent Conversations