We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volabus

Hollywood UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Volabus

Is it possible to take a mountain bike which will be in a box on the Volabus service from Genoa Airport to Principe railway station?

Mentioned in this post
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
5 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,272 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Volabus

I think so. The baggage regulations are tightly specified by size and weight for things that can be taken onto the passenger area of the bus with you. But there are no size or weight regulations otherwise, it simply says 'all other baggage must be stowed in the baggage compartment under the bus'.

Hollywood UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volabus

Perlizia

Many thanks for your very prompt and useful response.

Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Volabus

Hello Perilizia, I hope you can reply to this inquiry. I'm driving from Montepulciano to St Remy France. I will pass through the Italian Riviera. But the tripadvisor forum hardly ever has any recommendation of Genoa. I have been looking to stay at a Hotel Stella in Rapallo, simply because its easier to get to. I would love to drive into Genoa and stay there for two days. But when I goggle it, it looks complicated and hard to find and or get to any prebooked hotal. I see on google map the roads directly to some of these hotels, but the roads are the opposite direction. In you opinion, is it easy to drive into Genoa, parking and sight seeing. How do you describe the town. Would you recommend visiting.

Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
France
France
Europe
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,272 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Volabus

Driving in Genoa is not to everyone's taste. As you have noticed, there are a lot of one way streets, and some have ZTL prohibitions as well. Most people drive fast and confidently because they know exactly where they're going. You will not, and it's quite easy to get in the wrong lane so you can't make the turn you wanted to take.

If you want to stay in Genoa to see some of its many attractions www.visitgenoa.it/en another possibility is to stay out of the centre in a hotel with its own parking, e.g. in Nervi, and visit the centre by train or bus.

If you simply want a seaside town to relax in with easy access from the autostrada, Rapallo is one of many possibilities.

Mentioned in this post
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Volabus

Thank you for the heads up. I will look into Nervi. I heard of the ZTL. I'm going to get my Int'l driver's license next couple of weeks.

Reply to: Volabus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted