We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?

Greater Manchester...
1 post
Save Topic
Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?

Hi,

I am looking to book a car for 16 days with "Europcar" from Bergamo Airport in beginning of September.

Can you share your recent experience and give a valuable advice please?

Mentioned in this post
Bergamo
Bergamo
Province of Bergamo, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?

Have rented from Europecar twice in the last month, once out of Manchester airport, once out of Malpensa. No issues with either. The desk clerks were friendly and efficient and the cars were both new and clean inside and out. Only difference was that the girl in Manchester tried to upsell the insurance cover, whereas the one at Malpensa did not, which I appreciated.

One thing to note about Bergamo, some of the rental car locations are off-site and you need a shuttle bus to get there. So would check where Europecar is located.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Bergamo
Bergamo
Province of Bergamo, Italy
galway
Level Contributor
8 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?

Hi

I flew to bergamo with Ryanair last month. Reviews of horror stories here on car rental. I booked via auto-Europe and selected Avis. No problems at all. I took my own excess cover out before travelling. Took middle coverage with avis. If u have a crash u pay the excess but can claim back.

Take a good look at car and photos before leaving lot. If ur not happy about a scratch make sure avis record it on ur contract before departing.

After that just don't get speeding tickets or hit anyone else and you will be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
galway
Level Contributor
8 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?

Also avis is located in the airport and most are also but check.

CA
Level Contributor
10,303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?

Read this about driving, ZTLs; avoid leaving anything of value in a car when parked:

http://driventoit.blogspot.com.au/

Reply to: Bergamo Airport "Europcar" rental - any advice please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted