We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa Shuttle - Early morning

Mumbai
Level Contributor
41 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Malpensa Shuttle - Early morning

I will be staying at a hotel near Milan Centrale Station and have to take a 7am flight from Malpensa airport.

I looked up the schedule and there is a Malpensa shuttle which departs from Centrale at 4.45am and gets to Terminal 2 at 5.30am.

1. Is it ok to take this shuttle for a 7am flight (within EU) ? Shuttle bus runs as per schedule ?

2. The online booking option only gives a time band (12 to 6am). How can be certain of getting the 4.45 bus ? Should i book offline when i get to Milan?

Thank you

1 reply
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malpensa Shuttle - Early morning

That's risky, normally at least two hours are recommended.

Even if you check-in on line and have no luggage, its still time-consuming to get through the security check, and make your way to the gate.

If you do have luggage to check-in, it will be almost impossible.

Also, are you travelling to a non-Schengen area country? Passport control queues are very slow, particularly for non-EU passport holders.

There is a train from Cadorna which arrives at 5.10, imo more dependable than the bus, but still risky.

trenord.it/it/…

Alternatively, book a hotel at the airport.

Edited: 17 September 2017, 23:38
Reply to: Malpensa Shuttle - Early morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted