We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

I will be driving from Malpensa airport to Milan to see the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana (Ambrosian Library). Can anyone suggest a safe place to park outside the Zona C (ZTL)? We will have luggage in the car which hopefully will all fit in the trunk but I'm not sure what kind of car I'll be getting so I can't be sure. I've read about how common break ins are and I'd hate to start our vacation out trying to report that kind of loss. Later in the day we'll be driving to Montecatini Ferme where we'll be staying so I won't have to worry about that for the rest of our time there.

Thanks, I love how quickly and thoroughly you all answered my previous post! This is a great forum!

7 replies to this topic
Cremona, Italy
Level Contributor
512 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

Hi, I can only suggest the convenient parking lot next to Molino Dorino M1 metro (underground) station, which is managed by the same company (ATM) that runs the public transportation system. This is very convenient because it lets you skip driving in the urban traffic and take the excellent Milan's metro system straight away.

To get to the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana just catch the underground train at Molino Dorino and get off at Cordusio station.

For detailed directions check here: http://giromilano.atm.it/#/home/

For more info on the parking lot check here: https:/…ParcheggiStruttura.aspx

Note however that this parking lot is fine in terms of convenience but it is not guarded so I might be not so great for safety purposes.

Maybe other, more informed forumers will chime in with better suggestions for your needs.

Edited: 04 March 2018, 06:28
Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

Thanks. I saw that massive parking garage while using the street view of google maps but didn't realize it was a metro station! We found metros in London and Paris quite easy to use and very convenient. This sounds like a good option if my car trunk holds everything! Thanks for the info and links.

Europe
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
3. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

If you're very worried about the safety of your luggage, one alternative to think about is not to have any car at all until you leave Milan for Motecatini... There is luggage storage and rental car companies at Milano Centrale Station as well as Linate Airport. To get to Pinacoteca Ambrosiana from either of those two locations will cost a mere 1.50 euros.

From Malpensa Airport, get a train or bus to Milano Centrale; or to Linate Airport, there are only 5 direct bus services a day [ malpensashuttle.it/en/time-table-and-bus-sto… ].

Driving out from Linate Airport to Montecatini would be easier and it would avoid the city driving required from Milan Central Station (even though the station is outside the restricted "Area C").

Yet another alternative is to drive from Malpensa Airport and utilise the paid private car parks around Linate Airport, then use the 1.50 euro municipal Bus 73 from Linate Airport to its downtown terminus.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

I’m with mfinal on this. A little bit of extra effort, but it would be much safer to get the train to Milan Centrale and leave your luggage there for the day. Do your sightseeing and then collect the car from Linate airport, which is right next to the motorway.

The ATM car parks are convenient, but surveillance is minimal and robberies happen. You might be lucky, you might not, personally, i wouldn’t risk it.

Europe
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
5. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

"Driving out from Linate Airport to Montecatini would be easier..." - Linate Airport > A51 > A1

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
6. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

And how much would it cost to park there

Europe
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
7. Re: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)

Cost of parking at Linate... Just look on the official Linate Airport website... calculations here [ https://www.viamilanoeshop.eu/index.do… ]; and description of the types of parking here [ milanolinate-airport.com/en/…parking-linate ].

Reply to: Where to park outside Milan ZTL (Zona C)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted