We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Hi all

I am accompanying a trip to the region the first week in June. I need to find an appropriate lunch stop for 36 teenagers and 4 adults! Plan is to arrive in Venice by coach and water taxi, have a wander, then go for lunch. Any suggestions of a budget type place that could accommodate our group? We could split up across 2 different restaurants/cafes if necessary? Or are there nice places where students can get a takeaway panino and eat as a picnic?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
11 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Verona has some very interesting genuine Rome buildings, but the Romeo & Juliet stuff is pure hokum. "Juliet's Balcony" was built in the 1930s to attract tourists.

Italy has so much genuine history that it seems a pity to spend time on this fake.

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Romeo
Romeo
1,151 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

This place fits your needs:

https:/…brek.htm

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Sydney Nick thanks so much for that very helpful comment!

Sushi that looks fab, but it says 'closed'?

4. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 May 2018, 00:19
Edited: 10 May 2018, 00:19

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Wow! I can't believe Brek closed! I was last there in June 2017...Not that it was the best place to go but it was good for people on a budget, especially students!

Edited: 10 May 2018, 00:20
BAC
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Go to Al Oche (aka Oke?) on Zaterre. Loads of outside seats. Great pizza. Affordable. Outside seats at side of canal (Guidecca - very wide canal that takes cruise ships). In my opinion its very suitable. A short walk from Accademia and they can go to Nico's for ice-cream afterwards.

You should ring though to check if they take groups but so much seating indoors and outdoors

Edited: 10 May 2018, 00:47
BAC
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

http://www.okevenezia.com

This is the link. You can check menus too to see the range of choices outside of pizza.

The teachers should have 20 to 30 minutes to themselves and go for a quick few cichetti nearby. Shame to miss it. Osteria Al Squero and Gia Schavia - wrong spellings but you will find them on Tripadvisor. About 5 mins max walk from Oke and these 2 places are right on the canal bank from where you view the lovely boatyard / gondola repair .... San Trovaso .

Mentioned in this post
Osteria Al Squero
Osteria Al Squero
2,220 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Ristorante San Trovaso
Ristorante San Trovaso
755 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,585 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Taverna San trovaso can do a menu for 40 at a fixed price. You state water taxi so that will be 4 for the group. Please do not take the group on a waterbus.40will fill it plus it is not guaranteed you will. All fit.. You may find it more reasonable to hire a large boat to take you Tronchetto san Marco Tronchetto, it will cost less than a vaporetto plus you will all fit.

Mentioned in this post
Taverna San Trovaso
Taverna San Trovaso
2,023 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Thanks for all these tips. As far as I know water taxi/bus is pre booked. Thank you very much these are great suggestions!

BAC
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions

Rosa's recommendation for food is very very good . It could be very hot outside and food was nice when we ate there. I would go with her advice...and it's even nearer to the place that the teachers could try cichetti !!!

Edited: 11 May 2018, 14:29
Reply to: School Trip - Cafe/Restaurant Lunch Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted