We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

I slipped on some mud in the dolomites yesterday and badly sprained my ankle. I am on crutches and my daughter is assisting me. But she cannot handle me and all of our luggage. We need help getting it to a water taxi to get to the airport tomorrow. Does anybody have any suggestions? We are not staying in a hotel but rather at rental.

Hotel Moresco
Hotel Moresco
#1 of 388 hotels in Venice
Charming House DD724
Charming House DD724
#3 of 388 hotels in Venice
Locanda Orseolo
Locanda Orseolo
#4 of 388 hotels in Venice
6 replies to this topic
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,585 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

Where are you staying and what time is your flight?

2. Re: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2018, 20:42

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

Not sure about how others are seeing it, but all FamilyTravelster’s posts lead to the Prontopia travel app. Prontopia offer commercial services in Venice.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,585 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

Funny you should say that I have noticed that and the company is based in California hmmm. Plus they clearly state that they are not licenced guides or travel assistants but when you pre book with them then they are clearly breaching the regional. Law of 2002 by providing services at the station and airport... Hiring a local. I am a local and I see someone lost or looking puzzled over I map I stop and help... For free!!!!!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

Use the report function so someone looks into it.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help

You can hire a porter, but you will of course need to know exactly where the water taxi will be collecting you, so that they can give you a price . See https:/…porters.htm (and https://trasbagagli.it/en/main).

It may be expensive but you should be able to claim the cost against your travel insurance, as it counts as assistance needed as a result of an accident - provided of course that you produce the medical certificate to your insurance company. The same may go for the water taxi itself - have you already contacted your insurer?

Edited: 26 May 2018, 04:42
Reply to: Hurt on crutches. Need luggage help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted